Other NFL Tickets - Where to Buy

Remove this Banner Ad

If you dont mind me asking where are u stayinh in ny and have you been there before

Yeah first time there for me and the wife. We're staying right near Madison Square Garden. West 31st between 6th and 7th. So almost smack bang in the middle between mid and downtown. I can't wait. My first time overseas though my missus is well traveled around Europe, so we thought 14 days in NYC over Christmas and New Years would be great - she can shop and I can check out some games :D

1200 gee whiz lol. My first time over there so we were happy to settle with whatever. We're in 414 for Knicks v Pistons (Det are my team too) and 304 for Jets v Pats. So in the nose bleeds for both, a far cry from my nice level 1 undercover seats at the MCG, but only cost me about $350US in total. I love hockey and especially my Red Wings, so rueing a bit I didn't plan a bit differently to fit in an islanders or Devils game. If I were a bit more confident in spontaneous travel I would try to get to Pittsburgh overnight to see Wings v Pens. Though seeing the Pats play should be a good memory and I wouldn't pass up watching my Pistons get pumped by the Knicks at Madison Square lol. With any luck will get to see Aron Baynes play some minutes.

Awesome, me in the mrs weny to nyc for 7 days last year and couldnt get enough of the place so goin back for 14 days again this year. Great city, only problem is that there is almost too much to do, you can never really get the chance to do everything. Strongly suggest doing a tour of madison square garden relatively cheap and you get a good view of the facility

Awesome, me in the mrs weny to nyc for 7 days last year and couldnt get enough of the place so goin back for 14 days again this year. Great city, only problem is that there is almost too much to do, you can never really get the chance to do everything. Strongly suggest doing a tour of madison square garden relatively cheap and you get a good view of the facility
What?
I went in, saw the price, scoffed at it and walked out.

This is ticketing in general, not just NFL sorry. Heading to the States for the first time over Christmas and New Years. Spending 14 nights in NY so naturally had to organise some sports tickets. After some research on places like Stubhub and Vividseats I dived in and bought tickets to Jets v Pats at MetLife and Knicks v Pistons at MSG (I stuffed up, probably should have tried for Phili v Giants so I could catch an Islanders or Devils game as the Rangers are out of town during our stay) through Stubhub. The football game tickets have arrived in my inbox earlier than the quoted date so hopefully the NBA ones do too to put my mind at ease (they say by 26th when the game is dec 29 eek!). But anyway, should I be confident all is safe? As good as it is to have the NFL tickets in my possession now, they're understandably stamped with the seat owners name, there is not much of a history of owners scamming and still getting in on their seat is there?

Thanks and a bit of reassurance wouldn't go astray lol :)
Went to the states last year and used stubhub tickets on two NFL games, NBA game and a concert.. All with someone else's name and they worked fine.. I was the same a bit suss about it all but it's all good

Hey!
I'm off to the States in December and will be in San Francisco for a 49ers game.
Has anyone been the Levi's stadium?
Is it worth the extra money for a seat in the 400s section over standing room tickets? Anyone had standing room experiences?
And one last one, I'd presume tickets on the side would be much more worthwhile than tickets on the end zone

Any help and hints welcome :)

Taking the wife and family to the USA in Sep/Oct this year, and the schedule looks like the Jets @ Steelers game is the one that will fit best.

Any tips on the best way to get tickets?
Is there much to be gained by trying to go through the Steelers to see if they can assist?
Anyone seen a game at Heinz Field before and can provide advice on the best value for money tickets to pursue?

Hey guys - I thought their used to be a tickets thread but if there is I can't find it.

I'll be in NY for Week 4 and was wondering what the best way was to go about getting tickets to the Jets/Seahawks game @ Metlife. Is the NFL ticket exchange the best go or is stub hub better?

Also does anyone that's been to Metlife have any thoughts on the best viewing areas?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Answer is always either
1) Stubhub
or
2) Directly through the team

Anywhere else is a risk through resale as they sometimes put tickets on sale before obtaining said tickets.

Look at some of the stories for Super bowl 49 with people spending thousands for tickets and the supplier then couldnt even obtain them.

So yeah. Ignore places like seat geek and just go with the reputable companies.

I got tickets in England for Arsenal through a company (footyticketnet) so I could recommend it as it worked for me. But others got ****ed big time. So obviously I got lucky.

Stick with stubhub or through the team.

Answer is always either
1) Stubhub
or
2) Directly through the team

Anywhere else is a risk through resale as they sometimes put tickets on sale before obtaining said tickets.

Look at some of the stories for Super bowl 49 with people spending thousands for tickets and the supplier then couldnt even obtain them.

So yeah. Ignore places like seat geek and just go with the reputable companies.

I got tickets in England for Arsenal through a company (footyticketnet) so I could recommend it as it worked for me. But others got ****ed big time. So obviously I got lucky.

Stick with stubhub or through the team.

Thanks DB - when you mean through the team - do you mean via the the NFL site like this?

http://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets-and-stadium/index.html

Correct
They're generally the best for securing it but you might get them cheaper via stubhub (especially for shit games)

for example - Someone buys a season ticket for the sole purpose of putting it on stubhub for a profit

THeyll go for the big profit in big games (divisional rivals, good teams, big opposing travelling fan bases etc) and happily take a loss somewhere else.

So if you're looking at Jets games, you might find through the team you'll get better prices vs Pats, Bills, Phins, Steelers*, Giants*, COwboys*, Packers*

*if you play them,

Yet you might get better prices via stubhub as the scalpers might accept a loss there after getting a profit elsewhere.

Seat geek is just an aggregate app that uses places like Stubhub.

I've known dozens of people who have used it and no issues whatsoever.

Plus it gives an idea what a good seat is with photos and ratings etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Other NFL Tickets - Where to Buy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back