NFNL 2023 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it true that junior clubs like Yarrambat have to choose one senior club to be affiliated with? If so when do these decisions have to be made?
They have aligned with Hurstbridge. Huge get for Hursty will keep them in good stead for a long time to come.

8 mins from Yarrambat to Hurstbridge via Google maps would make it the most logical choice for Yarrambat.

They have aligned with Hurstbridge. Huge get for Hursty will keep them in good stead for a long time to come.

8 mins from Yarrambat to Hurstbridge via Google maps would make it the most logical choice for Yarrambat.
Wow that's big. Disaster for the other clubs who missed out.

Doesn't that mean Hurstbridge juniors will stop being one pointers?
I thought senior clubs can have one junior affiliate and vice versa

Personally, this seems the logical choice being so close, having a senior alliance with a club 10km away is just not appropiate.

However, was the decision monitored? Was there any 'offers' and scrupulous stuff happening. I am NOT saying there was, it is, as some have said a big decision and needs to be I think transparent as to why (ie, does the Mayor or Hurstbridge have a cousin on the board at Yarrambat (note this is an example, I know there is no Mayor or Hurstbridge)

But if true good drills and at least we do not have 5 clubs aligned to one.....that was odd.

Huge for Hurstbridge. One of the best junior sides now feeding them. I think sides like North and Bundoora would need to look at investing in juniors.
Don’t believe Bundy have any juniors,
North a a connection with west Ivanhoe, though I believe it’s a few years away before they see any rewards

Huge for Hurstbridge. One of the best junior sides now feeding them. I think sides like North and Bundoora would need to look at investing in juniors.
Don’t believe Bundy have any juniors,
North a a connection with west Ivanhoe, though I believe it’s a few years away before they see any rewards
Yes Bundoora doesn't have juniors.. but they use to. Be worth starting it up again.

And yes

North Had West Ivanhoe and Bundoora park (who are gone now) but West Ivanhoe is tiny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard it from a few people now that Gilmore is close to signing at OP. Would be a massive get
I would bet he is not moving from Heidelberg.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL 2023 Div 1 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back