NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

You think some how the senior coaches job isn’t tough because you’ve got Solar Panels and an Auskick program?

He has taken over a side post max exodus and with very little attraction for potential recruits. It’s a tough job. Who’s job was recruitment? Is that to fall on the senior coach at Lalor and he failed to implement?

Does take alot to get decent players across to a struggling Div 3 side no matter the coin on offer or how awesome your new scoreboard is.

You think some how the senior coaches job isn’t tough because you’ve got Solar Panels and an Auskick program?

He has taken over a side post max exodus and with very little attraction for potential recruits. It’s a tough job. Who’s job was recruitment? Is that to fall on the senior coach at Lalor and he failed to implement?
You seem to have all the answers - Maybe you know Gaz personally...?

Having Off-Field stability and On-Field taken care of rules out "THE HARDEST JOB HE'S EVER HAD" - But it seems you'd rather point your questions at the wrong people to support your flimsy argument.

I'm always up for a chat if you see me at any one of the four games you get to on any given weekend - Come Up and say hello, we can discuss finer details then if you're open to stepping away from the curtain of 10571z...? I'll even buy you a beer or coffee.

Having Off-Field stability and On-Field taken care of rules out "THE HARDEST JOB HE'S EVER HAD" - But it seems you'd rather point your questions at the wrong people to support your flimsy argument.

I'm always up for a chat if you see me at any one of the four games you get to on any given weekend - Come Up and say hello, we can discuss finer details then if you're open to stepping away from the curtain of 10571z...? I'll even buy you a beer or coffee.

So the committee did the recruiting ? Recruiting is the biggest part of On field isn't it ?

Only 1 opinion matters in this argument of “Gary’s hardest job” and that’s Gary’s.

100% I could deliver 200k in cash to the Mustangs tonight and they’d still finish dead last next year.
Well go through the recruits since 2018... You like doing things like this in your spare time, tell me if the opportunity wasn't provided.

Then let me know how you can get those without off-field stability and steady income...?

It's a like a big clock running a club, lots of moving parts in the background and taking pot-shots at the club and how difficult it was might be deflecting the painfully obvious - Using volunteers to do it is a cheap-shot.

I'm sure you can contact the recruits of 2018 including Josh Novelli (Div 1 premiership player the year prior) and ask what convinced him and others to come across.
[/QUOTE]

Was just asking the question did the committee or Gaz get these guys ?
And why did they leave ?

I'm sure you can contact the recruits of 2018 including Josh Novelli (Div 1 premiership player the year prior) and ask what convinced him and others to come across.

And why did they leave ?
[/QUOTE]
Either way, the talent has been secured - during my tenure, footy op's and club admin was in my portfolio - I worked very closely with Gaz to secure the talent we needed for the long and short-term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering we were $40k UNDER the cap at the time, i find that hard to fathom.

Why they left.... I don't know, you'd have to ask them as it was pre-season 2020.
What happened this year? Why the sudden focus on veterans 30+ and not retaining the guys in there mid 20’s such as Novelli, Ciriani and the lads who went to Epping including the skipper?

What happened this year? Why the sudden focus on veterans 30+ and not retaining the guys in there mid 20’s such as Novelli, Ciriani and the lads who went to Epping including the skipper?
I honestly don't know and can't comment on what's happened since we handed over - What I am enormously proud of though is the work our committee structured and provided in those really difficult times of 2017/18/19 and for it to be commented that it was "THE HARDEST JOB" he's had in 30 years is a slap in the face of some VERY good people. The operations and support was always available across every level.

Last edited:
Ok I have just gone through the posts since yesterday & I will address them the best I can.

Firstly Benny I certainly haven’t tried to blame the previous administration & in fact I mentioned that if it wasn’t for you the doors would have closed the year before I got there. If you have taken it any other way then I apologise to you for that. Nobody worked harder than you in 2019 I can attest to that.

Secondly I have not said anything about any previous recruits leaving the club. Players come & go at footy clubs for varied reasons, Winning, opportunity, $$, mates, plus many others.

As for the recruits coming over on big money that’s laughable. I know for a fact that Benny worked very hard on being financially responsible when it came to recruiting and we continued to do that when Benny finished up. For the record the boys that have come across this year all have personal relationships with myself from previous clubs where we had worked together. Yes I did say that it’s been the toughest job I’ve ever had but in no means do I blame the committee or volunteers for that. I hope this clears up some of the misunderstandings that have obviously occurred

And why did they leave ?
Either way, the talent has been secured - during my tenure, footy op's and club admin was in my portfolio - I worked very closely with Gaz to secure the talent we needed for the long and short-term.[/QUOTE]So some blame falls on you? You've lost the plot.

On Pixel 2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Either way, the talent has been secured - during my tenure, footy op's and club admin was in my portfolio - I worked very closely with Gaz to secure the talent we needed for the long and short-term.
So some blame falls on you? You've lost the plot.

[/QUOTE]
I helped Gaz secure the talent he wanted in pre-season 2018... Why they left in pre-season 2020 falls on me.... FFS...?!?

Ok I have just gone through the posts since yesterday & I will address them the best I can.

Firstly Benny I certainly haven’t tried to blame the previous administration & in fact I mentioned that if it wasn’t for you the doors would have closed the year before I got there. If you have taken it any other way then I apologise to you for that. Nobody worked harder than you in 2019 I can attest to that.

Secondly I have not said anything about any previous recruits leaving the club. Players come & go at footy clubs for varied reasons, Winning, opportunity, $$, mates, plus many others.

As for the recruits coming over on big money that’s laughable. I know for a fact that Benny worked very hard on being financially responsible when it came to recruiting and we continued to do that when Benny finished up. For the record the boys that have come across this year all have personal relationships with myself from previous clubs where we had worked together. Yes I did say that it’s been the toughest job I’ve ever had but in no means do I blame the committee or volunteers for that. I hope this clears up some of the misunderstandings that have obviously occurred
No, you said THE HARDEST job.... I made your job as EASY as i could on every level.

The support you were shown was first-class and i lost count of the times i said "we could have Alister Clarkson apply for the job and my full support would be behind Gary and his team - He is the right guy for our club right now" both privately and publicly around the club.

You've been around footy long enough to blur the lines in conversation - i don't think it would be too difficult for you to join the dots at the 4-5 people that are VERY disappointed with your "HARDEST" comments... We all worked VERY HARD for you.

No, you said THE HARDEST job.... I made your job as EASY as i could on every level.

The support you were shown was first-class and i lost count of the times i said "we could have Alister Clarkson apply for the job and my full support would be behind Gary and his team - He is the right guy for our club right now" both privately and publicly around the club.

You've been around footy long enough to blur the lines in conversation - i don't think it would be too difficult for you to join the dots at the 4-5 people that are VERY disappointed with your "HARDEST" comments... We all worked VERY HARD for you.
A lot of me me me going on here! Gaz wasn't having a crack at anybody, in fact he was congratulating you personally on the job you've done.
Now you're taking a parting swipe at a bloke was was nothing but dedicated to the club. Like a petulant child.
Take some responsibility yourself instead of going off at Gaz.

A lot of me me me going on here! Gaz wasn't having a crack at anybody, in fact he was congratulating you personally on the job you've done.
Now you're taking a parting swipe at a bloke was was nothing but dedicated to the club. Like a petulant child.
Take some responsibility yourself instead of going off at Gaz.

What responsibility would you like me to take...?

And i think there's a lot of we we we...

Remove this Banner Ad

NFNL Div 3 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back