List Mgmt. NGA, Father son watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Welsh a bit rusty as expected first game back but showing a couple of glimpses in the first half of the 18s - kicked 1.1 and could have kicked 3. Couple of strong 1 on 1 marks above his head, 1 contested and another on a hard lead. Hit the post from a relatively simple set shot and kicked into the man on mark trying to bomb from 55.

Welsh a bit rusty as expected first game back but showing a couple of glimpses in the first half of the 18s - kicked 1.1 and could have kicked 3. Couple of strong 1 on 1 marks above his head, 1 contested and another on a hard lead. Hit the post from a relatively simple set shot and kicked into the man on mark trying to bomb from 55.
Like the look of Archer Charles.

One hit the post. He will probably never be a kick like Fogarty but will improve.

Only played 50 percent game time and clunked a few nice contested marks for 12D.

His old man was an excellent kick for goal. Hopefully he has transferred those fundamentals across to Tyler

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry Thompson in Glenelg U13 by looks standing a whopping 155cm tall. Must be 12. 2029 draft?

Stevens appears to play in Ballarat. Can't find any details of age etc. Think he's 15.. 2026 draft?

Caleb Tregenza I think 2025 draft. Looks like he will need to develop a fair bit.

Welsh and Michalanney 2024 draft.

One hit the post. He will probably never be a kick like Fogarty but will improve.

Only played 50 percent game time and clunked a few nice contested marks for 12D.
His Dad was an excellent set shot goal kicker and proficient on both legs in general play also (but not to Tex level on his left)

Are we seeing Welsh as a third tall option eg a Gollant type? That was his Dads physique and forwards have only got (much) bigger overall in recent years. If so, Tex leaving in 2-3 years still means we may need to find a replacement type so not totally dependent on The Fog, TT and a third tall

I cant see why Tex doesnt play for at least 2 more years at this stage as his skills and kicking are as great as ever. He provides ongoing leadership in the forward line and if he is the '6th string' forward in a big final he is capable of still kicking a bag. So hopefully Tex goes on until end of 2025 and finishes with the ultimate prize as we should be right in the zone that year.

His Dad was an excellent set shot goal kicker and proficient on both legs in general play also (but not to Tex level on his left)

Are we seeing Welsh as a third tall option eg a Gollant type? That was his Dads physique and forwards have only got (much) bigger overall in recent years. If so, Tex leaving in 2-3 years still means we may need to find a replacement type so not totally dependent on The Fog, TT and a third tall

I cant see why Tex doesnt play for at least 2 more years at this stage as his skills and kicking are as great as ever. He provides ongoing leadership in the forward line and if he is the '6th string' forward in a big final he is capable of still kicking a bag. So hopefully Tex goes on until end of 2025 and finishes with the ultimate prize as we should be right in the zone that year.
So long as he grows an extra 3cm or so he will be tall enough to play key forward. That's the type of player he is, lead up and contested marking is his strength.

He's not as a good as a kick as his dad, at least not yet.
His field kicking is very good however, not unlike Tex. So it could be mental and routine that can improve drastically in an AFL environment.
Given we have him in our academy I hope Tex is already giving him some pointers.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. NGA, Father son watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back