Nice one Sainters...but wait...

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Fred
Have a look when the last saint posted in this thread. You're starting to look very stupid.

Wally16

14-03-2004 11:42 AM

4 hours ago..... how stupid is he looking?

Originally posted by Stakes
Wally16

14-03-2004 11:42 AM

4 hours ago..... how stupid is he looking?

Try 7 hours.

I wasn't referring to time reference. Just about every post in this thread by a Saint's supporter has been about bagging Geelong and saying how good the Saints were. I think the Saints were great last night, and so were the Cat's. Perhaps we did choke in that last quarter, and perhaps some of the Geelong people's posts have been lame excuses. OK so you won, I've said congradulations to the Saint's in your board. The fact I'm trying to point out is most posts have been arrogant ones by stuck up supporters.

7 hours ago!!! wow!!!.. looks like the Saints supporters are already over it :rolleyes:

Good to see you agree. That's what the last few posts have been about.;)

Originally posted by GeeCat
I wasn't referring to time reference. Just about every post in this thread by a Saint's supporter has been about bagging Geelong and saying how good the Saints were. I think the Saints were great last night, and so were the Cat's. Perhaps we did choke in that last quarter, and perhaps some of the Geelong people's posts have been lame excuses. OK so you won, I've said congradulations to the Saint's in your board. The fact I'm trying to point out is most posts have been arrogant ones by stuck up supporters.
Having read the above I went back over the thread to see who had been "arrogant" & "stuck up" and I couldn't find any posts to fit that description.

Clearly I told someone what I thought of them & I'll happily stand by that. I'll also stand by the next thing I'm about to write:
GeeCat, you too are a goose!

Originally posted by evertonfc
Have a look at the photo on the front page of The Age to gauge the reaction of the club.

Like Thomas, I want a cup, not a wok.

Thomas probably has that look on his face because its suddenly hit him that something will happen that hasn't happened for the 2 or 3 years he has been coaching the club. He will be under pressure.... and St Kilda supporters are going to want to start seeing results. That look on his face is the look of a man way in over his head.

Thomas probably has that look on his face because its suddenly hit him that something will happen that hasn't happened for the 2 or 3 years he has been coaching the club. He will be under pressure.... and St Kilda supporters are going to want to start seeing results. That look on his face is the look of a man way in over his head.

I've got to hand it to you, Stakesy.

This is actually a quality response.

I didn't think you'd be able to find much leeway, but, to your credit, you still managed to get a shot in.

But it begs the question. What about Lenny Hayes?

Was he so glum because he's not being coached by John Worsfold?

But it begs the question. What about Lenny Hayes?

Was he so glum because he's not being coached by John Worsfold?

No... he caught a glimpse of the Michael Tuck medal around Robert Harvey's neck and realised that their best player only has a year or so left in him and won't be around much longer ;)

No... he caught a glimpse of the Michael Tuck medal around Robert Harvey's neck and realised that their best player only has a year or so left in him and won't be around much longer ;)

Do you think that Robert Harvey would get a game in West Coast's midfield right now?

Do you think that Robert Harvey would get a game in West Coast's midfield right now?

At the moment yes. He is also 33 so I suspect he wouldnt in a year or so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So would you think that he won't get in St Kilda's midfield next year?

Given St Kilda's midfield he probably will. He is their best player at the moment but thats also a worry because he is their oldest player. Going to be 1 huge hole that very soon is going to need to be filled.

Given St Kilda's midfield he probably will. He is their best player at the moment but thats also a worry because he is their oldest player. Going to be 1 huge hole that very soon is going to need to be filled.

Are St Kilda destined for many years of failure because of this?

Congratulations and respect to Geelong, put up a great fight and would have deserved it had they won.
Of course I'm happy we won, the aim of playing the game is to go out there every week and win. It is a cup (or a Wok!) after all, and the 2 grand and increased membership numbers are of great value, which I am celebrating now.
I was celebrating the probable increase in respect for us, then I read the same tired old crap in this thread I've always read, so that ones out the window! :rolleyes:
I'm also being realistic - the winning of the Wok is only the begining, the calalyst, for a good season. We've still got to make that happen yet, and we still want finals.
The real test begins now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice one Sainters...but wait...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back