Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - Skeleton Tree

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been to the Ballarat show just recently, and it was brilliant. Nick Cave is 59 years old, and moves like a 23 year old. Interacted with his audience, the band backed him up perfectly. Warren Ellis was the standout performer for me. Ballarat is where he grew up, so he put on an great show on amplified violin.

I've been to the Ballarat show just recently, and it was brilliant. Nick Cave is 59 years old, and moves like a 23 year old. Interacted with his audience, the band backed him up perfectly. Warren Ellis was the standout performer for me. Ballarat is where he grew up, so he put on an great show on amplified violin.

has he been touring with PJ Harvey?

Nah man, just the bad seeds. They haven't been together since the mid-90s. Cave did do a duet with a recording of a lady vocalist from the skeleton tree.

I missed PJ here in perth this week but hope to not make the same mistake with Nick

Oh that Perth show was brilliant, Jubilee Street may be the best transformation of recording to live I've ever heard of a song.

I was not a massive fan of Push the Sky Away when it came out. Higgs Boson Blues, Jubilee Street and Push the Sky Away are now classics, particularly live. Last night was magnificent from start to finish. From the low key, mournful beginning to the outrageous Staggerlee with that wall of sound !!! My ears are still ringing.

I need to revisit Skeleton Tree after hearing those songs live too.

One of the greatest live acts ever.

My dad used to play Staggerlee by Lloyd Price when I was a kid. The Clash did a rock steady version on London Calling. From memory, I have in my collection Mississippi John Hurt, Taj Mahal, Wilson Pickett, Doc Watson al doing versions. None do it quite like Nick Cave !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My dad used to play Staggerlee by Lloyd Price when I was a kid. The Clash did a rock steady version on London Calling. From memory, I have in my collection Mississippi John Hurt, Taj Mahal, Wilson Pickett, Doc Watson al doing versions. None do it quite like Nick Cave !

Written by a bloke called "Traditional". He was quite the songwriter in his day. Very prolific.

yeah was also at that show & agree, just brilliant stuff, have seen them live twice now & there sound is incredible, good enough even to forgive Nick fluffing the early lines to Red Right Hand!!;) Casual fans, which was what I was first time around, need to do themselves a favour & catch the show next time they are out.

& have been listening to Skeleton Tree regularly since, it's grown on me, the title song & Distant Sky finding their way onto other playlists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - Skeleton Tree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back