Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

He had a tough night, Nick. He's been carrying so much of the load lately that it's time for others to step up and help him.

I've also noticed an increased hatred towards him from opposition supporters whether it be at the ground or on social media.

I hope we give him that extra cheer and support at the ground that he deserves in the same way we've provided to Bruz in recent times. Make it clear we're 100% behind him.

He had a tough night, Nick. He's been carrying so much of the load lately that it's time for others to step up and help him.

I've also noticed an increased hatred towards him from opposition supporters whether it be at the ground or on social media.

I hope we give him that extra cheer and support at the ground that he deserves in the same way we've provided to Bruz in recent times. Make it clear we're 100% behind him.
He really needs a wrecking ball partner for the next decade to share the load and tags.

Personally reckon he and Horne Francis would be amazing combo but that ain't going to happen.
Maybe Ned Long could become this player.
Clearly Mitchell is that guy we miss currently.

Hopefully we can get a decent defender, centre clearance bull and a dependable second ruck / forward.

Sent from my SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I swear there was a game where he barely got 20 against us and got votes.
Not exactly. He scored 15 Brownlow votes against us whilst playing for the Blues. All 3 votes:
R8–2009: 3 votes, 32d/1goal – Blues by 51
R6–2010: 3 votes, 37d – Pies by 52
R17-2011: 3 votes, 35d – Pies by 19
R3-2012: 3 votes, 35d/1 goal – Blues by 60
R15-2012: 3 votes, 32d – Blues by 23

For WCE:
R10-2004: 1 vote, 27d – Pies by 18
R7-2006: 3 votes, 32d/3 goals – WCE by 14
R10-2007: 2 votes, 29d/2goals – WCE by 12

Nick always gets the loudest cheer.

It's about time our players started backing themselves in & having a shot at goal themselves or passing it on to someone else in a better position, rather than looking to give it to Nick who is always under more pressure & sometimes not in the better position.

He really needs a wrecking ball partner for the next decade to share the load and tags.

Personally reckon he and Horne Francis would be amazing combo but that ain't going to happen.
Maybe Ned Long could become this player.
Clearly Mitchell is that guy we miss currently.

Hopefully we can get a decent defender, centre clearance bull and a dependable second ruck / forward.

Sent from my SM-A556E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah Horne-Francis, Cripps, Reid etc. would be ideal partners.

I think realistically (as you conceded), we need a competent big body, who can win clearances inside but also be difficult for the opposition to get around/move.

Maybe that is Long. But he will need to get a proper crack at that role and not be played in the forward line rolling up. He atleast looked like he wanted to be out there Friday and the HTB call was stiff, considering he was never truly caught at any stage despite the 360.

I'm preferring the idea of DeGoey playing more forward of the ball at the moment. I don't think he is adding much stoppage impact and he also seems to make bad decisions often in transition at the moment.

So if he is more infront of the ball than maybe he can just focus on mainly scoreboard impact with midfield cameos. Particular with Checkers out.

He copped a bit of criticism today because of his disposal, much of it unfair. Remember he is not getting much support atm so can be more easily covered that say a Cripps.

I would say it was a solid but not overly damaging game by his standards.

Nicks game is in evolution mode. Will see in the coming years a better balance between his inside work and his end of chains finishing work imo.

His team mates at times don't help him as well gets ignored on occasion by certain players for the handball recieve for the blind long bomb.

dragged us across the line against North, nearly did it again against the Suns. We cant keep hoping a 21 year old kid will do this week after week.

He shouldn’t have to but it’s all we have at the moment , I thought they could have freed him up a bit on Friday night by getting him to do the kick ins, would have got the ball in his hands a bit more, which would have raised his confidence, plus we run the ball so much better when he is involved in the link up chain.

Our kick ins are a major issue, when he does them, we look dangerous, looks like we could carry the field with run. Anybody else does it, it’s just a kick to the pocket or long to the boundary

I know it’s asking a lot, but he looks to be the kind of player that wants the responsibility , he wants to put the team on his shoulders and lead from the front

I would say it was a solid but not overly damaging game by his standards.

Nicks game is in evolution mode. Will see in the coming years a better balance between his inside work and his end of chains finishing work imo.

His team mates at times don't help him as well gets ignored on occasion by certain players for the handball recieve for the blind long bomb.
It’s the worst thing about this team imo. We’ve stopped giving off those dangerous handball receives that open that game and elect just to bomb it long. We’ll attempt it once in the first quarter, it won’t come off then we go back into shells and never attempt it again.

Last year and the year before we’d have just contributed to back ourselves after making a mistake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only critisim is sometimes he tries to do too much... but i feel that's because our other midfielders aren't pulling their weight.

he has looked a bit smartarse in the last two games....he looks like he's in an arrogance contest with harley...although I realise that self-confidence isnt arrogance.

But as i said in my post, I always tend to look at the bottom half dozen in the team for improvement. Frampton has been ordinary, markov the same, there are others...Kreuger is still inexperienced as is joe richards

Quaynor has been up and down...darcy cameron started the season really well

And i'm convinced that darcy moore wants to retire and become a diplomat

Funny how north called daicos a seagull until sheeze arrived. Mature enough to say they are both elite players. North board still have a hatred of nick solely from the JHF days. It’s so odd

Funny how you are attributing a few idiots who are obviously deliberately trying to push buttons on an online forum as the entire club 'North'.

Apparently Victoria wants Nick to win the Brownlow and that’s why Heeney got suspended 😂
Every time I think people can't get more ridiculous, they find another way to surprise me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back