Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst possible outcome for Nick's brownlow hopes tonight. Cripps to get 3 comfortably, and Nick unlikely to feature.
Last quarter bias gives Cripps 3 comfortably.

Nick would be a shot for 2 or 1 - probably about 8 who could get those votes. Nick, Hill, WHE, Cameron, Weitering, Gov, Walsh, Pendles were all good.

I think I'd give 2 to Gov - played well and then did the right thing at the end.

Last edited:

He seriously gets held at every stoppage. A few times tonight I just watched him and he couldn’t get a run at the ball and was getting scragged. Got donuts. Then in the last quarter, Cripps got 2-3 frees for being held at stoppages. It’s comical.
It is beyond disgusting. He is held at stoppage. The umps finally started paying a few to him a few weeks ago the Cornes complained he was being umpired differently, and they haven't paid him one since. On the other hand Cripps, Curnow and McKay are protected species. No commentators ever complain they are well looked after or that a 3rd of their goals come from frees

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He seriously gets held at every stoppage. A few times tonight I just watched him and he couldn’t get a run at the ball and was getting scragged. Got donuts. Then in the last quarter, Cripps got 2-3 frees for being held at stoppages. It’s comical.
Scumps had money on Carlton to win tonight

If he got looked after like Cripps that would be amazing
The last throw in looked like a well drilled set play between Pittonet and the umpire. Daicos gave away a free in our fwd 50 in which he was being scragged. Elliott, Hill held numerous times in last qtr no free. We got the rough end today. Nick Daicos should have had 3-4 free kicks where he was clearly held at stoppage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Scum had won then Cripps would've got 3. I think because we won they'll give a Pies player the 3.

Umpires love giving a team the 3 against us in a close finish.

Umpires love giving a team the 3 against us in a close finish.
Whether the umpires 'love' it or not, there is no doubt that Cripps was the best player on the ground in my view. He almost single handedly kept them in it and almost got them over the line.

You can blame imaginary bias against us from the umpires / AFL / media etc if you like, but Cripps was huge.

The kick he pulled across his body to McStay inside 50 was actually disgusting. Mitchell and Stevie J to this day are the 2 i've only seen routinely pull shit like that off. Seeing it from lvl 4 and watching all the traffic going to the pocket thinking thats his only option to kick to lmaoo. Think again boys

Sounds like a conversation at my house last night. It’s ridiculous

Nah, worst player in his family 😃

Only player in his family to not win a Copeland. Or a GOTY.
Long been my belief as well. He hasn’t done it for as long as the great man but he’s better than him. Sublime centreman was Peter, unbelievable forward but this kid is better. Never seen anyone do what he can do.
Freak.

Long been my belief as well. He hasn’t done it for as long as the great man but he’s better than him. Sublime centreman was Peter, unbelievable forward but this kid is better. Never seen anyone do what he can do.
Freak.
Agree somewhat jimmy. Peter could actually do what Nick does.
Cruelly cut down with leg injuries.
Spent his career up forward as a result.

Agree somewhat jimmy. Peter could actually do what Nick does.
Cruelly cut down with leg injuries.
Spent his career up forward as a result.
And he did in a more unprotected era as well. Although Nick spends most of the game trying to break wrestling holds.
The kid is something special. Truly special.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back