Nick Naitinui

Remove this Banner Ad

Back on topic, and just to put things into perspective, this from the AFL website:

NikNat.jpg

i think theres somethin wrong about the 87cm verticle leap stats for nick nat, from what i remember last year david gourdis broke the record for the vet leap at draft camp with 101cm.

i heard or read that natanui is a better leap than gourdis.

Gourdis standing vertical leap was 81cm.

The 101cm jump refers to his running right foot leap.

Back on topic, and just to put things into perspective, this from the AFL website:

NikNat.jpg

I will be up front and say that I didn't see a lot of the champs last year, but I did see Kreuzer and Naitanui go head to head.

It seemed to me that while Nait jumped over Kreuzer for the hitouts, that Kreuzer beat him when the ball hit the ground, and also getting to contests around the ground.

I feel like I'll be saying that a lot about Kreuzer over his career. ;)

Firstly, is this a fair assessment of where they were at a year ago, and has her improved his work around the stopages and around the ground.

Hampson in a ruckman with a big leap.......but without the footy smarts and workrate around the ground he struggles.
Worthy comparison?

I will be up front and say that I didn't see a lot of the champs last year, but I did see Kreuzer and Naitanui go head to head.

It seemed to me that while Nait jumped over Kreuzer for the hitouts, that Kreuzer beat him when the ball hit the ground, and also getting to contests around the ground.

I feel like I'll be saying that a lot about Kreuzer over his career. ;)

Firstly, is this a fair assessment of where they were at a year ago, and has her improved his work around the stopages and around the ground.

Hampson in a ruckman with a big leap.......but without the footy smarts and workrate around the ground he struggles.
Worthy comparison?

I would be more willing to compare NickNat to Kreuzer than Hampson.....he has a workrate and hunger for the contest similar to Kreuzer, he works harder around the ground than Hampson and as far as footy smarts I think his intensity and concentration hold him in better stead than Hampson (not knocking Hammo, I think he will be a good contributor for us). Hammo sometimes looks a bit lost around the ground, and requires a bit more coaching, etc... While he's no Cox in that regard, NN already seems to require less coaching and positioning around the ground is a bit more instinctual. NN like Kreuz provides an extra clearance player once the ball hits the deck.....not as instinctive as Kreuzer (e.g. the timing of his run out of the middle against Brisbane), but if he gets there (I think he will), he will be a freak.

I would be more willing to compare NickNat to Kreuzer than Hampson.....he has a workrate and hunger for the contest similar to Kreuzer, he works harder around the ground than Hampson and as far as footy smarts I think his intensity and concentration hold him in better stead than Hampson (not knocking Hammo, I think he will be a good contributor for us). Hammo sometimes looks a bit lost around the ground, and requires a bit more coaching, etc... While he's no Cox in that regard, NN already seems to require less coaching and positioning around the ground is a bit more instinctual. NN like Kreuz provides an extra clearance player once the ball hits the deck.....not as instinctive as Kreuzer (e.g. the timing of his run out of the middle against Brisbane), but if he gets there (I think he will), he will be a freak.

Sounds like he has improved a lot from last year, or the game vs Vics wasn't his best for the around the grounds work.

Anyone want to tank? :D

Sounds like he has improved a lot from last year, or the game vs Vics wasn't his best for the around the grounds work.

Anyone want to tank? :D

He wasn't the cleanest in that game, but geeez, couldn't you see his endeavour and intensity? Sounds trivial but you go watch TAC games each weekend and it is rare in young ruckmen.

That leap over Mcintosh exemplifies his jump perfectly.
What a jump!

What is Waite's vertical leap? Walls will tell you he can jump to the moon.

Mcintosh isnt off the ground yet with bent legs and hampson's feet arent reaching his knees. it 40cm at tops. imagine if he gets his full 86cm or whatever it is.

Times like this I like to tun to the scriptings of the inspirational Donald Rumsfeld...

'There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.'

Not sure what im trying to say...it just seemed fitting for this thread.

This scripture has just helped me reach enlightenment!!!

thank you kramer1 :D

If we don't get a win in next 4 games Port,Pies,Dons,Tigers then no more wins is a real possibility.

I know our run home is hard but have some f@#ken faith. Even with a few injuries this team is not going on a 3 month losing streak again for a VERY long time. :rolleyes:;)

On NicNat he apparently visited the Carlton rooms after the game AND the Weagles rooms before the game. Wouldn't read much into it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know our run home is hard but have some f@#ken faith. Even with a few injuries this team is not going on a 3 month losing streak again for a VERY long time. :rolleyes:;)

On NicNat he apparently visited the Carlton rooms after the game AND the Weagles rooms before the game. Wouldn't read much into it.

it will never end........................

I'm sure most of you have heard this already but he was in your rooms because Ellard was getting a game. They are mates from Swan Districts in the WAFL.

I don't think Nick would go to into your rooms because he wants to anyway. I hear he's a Collingwood supporter.

I'm sure most of you have heard this already but he was in your rooms because Ellard was getting a game. They are mates from Swan Districts in the WAFL.

I don't think Nick would go to into your rooms because he wants to anyway. I hear he's a Collingwood supporter.

Don't be silly mate, any young footballer in the country would give his left testicle to meet Judd and Fevola - particularly in the build-up to a game. :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Nick Naitinui

Remove this Banner Ad

Back