Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

And you'll find most people would be fine with this, if Nintendo wasn't so protective with their first party titles. If your platform is quite literally the only way to play the game, it is disappointing if it is lagging behind it's modern compatriots.
Yeah Nintendo's consumer hostility has been the only thing to make me second guess whether I want the Switch 2 at launch. I think naturally I'll cave, but man I hate corporate Nintendo lately.

Yeah Nintendo's consumer hostility has been the only thing to make me second guess whether I want the Switch 2 at launch. I think naturally I'll cave, but man I hate corporate Nintendo lately.

This and their game pricing is not competitive against Sony or Microsoft. At all. It was better in the Wii era.

They really should join forces with Xbox, not merge per se, maybe allow xbox games on the switch or something, it would help both companies out.

Also maybe only have the exclusives on carts/physical, and ditch carts on everything. Move towards digital.

This and their game pricing is not competitive against Sony or Microsoft. At all. It was better in the Wii era.

They really should join forces with Xbox, not merge per se, maybe allow xbox games on the switch or something, it would help both companies out.

Also maybe only have the exclusives on carts/physical, and ditch carts on everything. Move towards digital.
They don’t need to join with Xbox, Xbox will put their games on switch 2 regardless of any input from Nintendo

Article on the technical aspects of the game.

Expectations on the Switch by some are a smidge higher than they should be, but I don't know with the effort they put into the graphical overhaul, they didn't just make a new game instead. The original ran at 60fps didn't it? Seems odd to have that big a trade off.

They don’t need to join with Xbox, Xbox will put their games on switch 2 regardless of any input from Nintendo

what do you mean by this? Microsoft will put Halo on the Switch 2 against Nintendo's will? how?

What would people recommend as a game to buy? Excluding what I've already bought or been gifted.

Expansion Pack: NES, SNES, N64, GBC, GBA, Sega collections.

Super Smash Bros
Super Mario Odyssey
Zelda BOTW and TOTK
Zelda Skyward Sword
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu + Eevee.
Pokemon Sword
Pokemon Arceus
Pokemon Violet
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Mario Kart 8
Assassins Creed Ezio
Sonic
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Hades
Sid Meier's Civilization VI

What would people recommend as a game to buy? Excluding what I've already bought or been gifted.

Expansion Pack: NES, SNES, N64, GBC, GBA, Sega collections.

Super Smash Bros
Super Mario Odyssey
Zelda BOTW and TOTK
Zelda Skyward Sword
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu + Eevee.
Pokemon Sword
Pokemon Arceus
Pokemon Violet
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Mario Kart 8
Assassins Creed Ezio
Sonic
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Hades
Sid Meier's Civilization VI

All depends what you enjoy!

I would recommend:

• Astral Chain(Platinum Games!!)
  • Metroid Dread
  • Metroid Prime Remaster
  • Animal Crossing( a great sim game with loads of personality).
  • WRC Racing
  • Kingdom Come (Deliverance)
  • Bayonetta 3 (has Scalebound style).(Platinum Games!!).
  • Saints Row 3(ridiculous fun).

Last edited:
I think the Metroid games are a must try for anyone. They are all 10 hour single player experiences but just packed until the end.

Think they are on sale on the eshop at the moment.

Thread has been dead for a while - anything good to play on Switch lately?
I just finished Paper Mario:TTYD it was pretty decent, not as good as it was hyped up to be by Paper Mario fans but still enjoyable enough for me to finish to the end.

I’ll be bidding time until the new Zelda game comes out, might try the demo for Trails of Daybreak I’ve heard it’s a decent game.

My Switch will be out of action when Astrobot comes out though I’m very excited for the game.

I just finished Paper Mario:TTYD it was pretty decent, not as good as it was hyped up to be by Paper Mario fans but still enjoyable enough for me to finish to the end.

I’ll be bidding time until the new Zelda game comes out, might try the demo for Trails of Daybreak I’ve heard it’s a decent game.

My Switch will be out of action when Astrobot comes out though I’m very excited for the game.
Yeah, mine's been sitting there untouched for a while but have been feeling like some portable gaming - hence the question. I saw Red Rescue Team got added to NSO the other day - some nostalgia might be enough...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The new Zelda had a 6 minute trailer the other day, looking very good. Seems to be open world but in the top down 2D view.

Yep. Same art style as Links Awakening remake.

Thread has been dead for a while - anything good to play on Switch lately?
Plenty. Though this year has just been Nintendos year to fill the gap with smaller releases until Switch 2.

The smaller games have mainly been Mario spinoffs like Mario RPG, Paper Mario TTYD, Mario Party Jamboree (which actually looks awesome, gonna buy that one) and Mario and Luigi. Plus that Zelda game but im not super into that one. There’s a few more I think I haven’t mentioned.

Switch is extremely likely to be announced this month or next if you want to hear about big games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Switch Nintendo Switch News (Articles, Accessories and Everything Else)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back