Autopsy NM v West Coast - the great choke!

Remove this Banner Ad

The ball was punched away before he could mark it...he didnt drop it..
Is that you Luke's mum?

The replay suggests he dropped it and it rebounded off his chest onto the West Coast player.

If he had a brain, he would have steeped forward and protected the ball drop instead of dropping his knees.

Reckon he sh*t himself and took his eyes off the ball at the last moment too.

Not excited by our fwd line currently, Zurhaar, Curtis, Ford, Duursma Larkey, Hansen Jnr and Teakle.

5/7 don't work hard enough, but that may come with time.
Should be;

FF: Curtis. Gun FF (draft one FFS!). Gun SF (draft one FFS!)

CHF: Zurhaar Larkey Durrsma

People keep banging on about McKeecher but that was a shocking a 30+ disposal game you get.

Kid has a pea heart too. Soft at the contest. He is the quintessential crab footballer…… yes I said it.
I reckon that’s pretty harsh, but he will not, can not, defend. Get him out of the backline IMO. Looks like he doesn’t wanna be in there at all.

It's just painful how ****ing close we are. Zurhaar and Curtis could've iced the game going into half time. So many little moments where we could've locked it up but instead gave West Coast the space and time they needed to arse it forward. Umpires probably made the difference in the end but it should never have been that close.

Close to what?

For all talk of improvement we're in the same spot we were a year ago, losing to the same mob.

Still every chace to collect the spoon. Again.

This was probably the worst loss of the Clarkson era

Let's be honest had we won by a kick, how much does that change, nothin is what it changes.
Wreaks of typical NM loser mentality.

I don't know about you, but the belief we can win games sits pretty high on the agenda for mine. We can be 30 up, and this mentally weak abomination isn't up to the simple task of playing a game out.

Pick 2 or 3 changes nothing.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cam Zurhaar??? Learn how to halve a contest and keep the ball in our forward half.
Read the game.
Going 💯 miles an hour and winning 1 of 8 contests is not cutting it.
Your 25 years old, on a huge contract, grow up and step up
Zurhaar is a weak campaigner - and his game today was just another example of this.

He wants everything done for him, is not prepared to put his body on the line and he is a very limited footballer.

He is not a leader's a hole and we just signed him up for another 5 years - when we will learn?

I reckon that’s pretty harsh, but he will not, can not, defend. Get him out of the backline IMO. Looks like he doesn’t wanna be in there at all.
We hang it on Stephens and Stephenson for squibbing it, but McKercher is the same.

Running by for crab possessions where you chip it 20 metres is not effective footy.

Close to what?

For all talk of improvement we're in the same spot we were a year ago, losing to the same mob.

We only look so much better because in the first half of this year, whether people admit it or not, we were as bad as the Noble years.

It’s been refreshing to see our team play a base level of afl standard football from time to time, but that shouldn’t paper over the chasms.

Is that you Luke's mum?

The replay suggests he dropped it and it rebounded off his chest onto the West Coast player.

If he had a brain, he would have steeped forward and protected the ball drop instead of dropping his knees.

Reckon he sh*t himself and took his eyes off the ball at the last moment too.

Agree - he waited for the ball rather than moving forward to meet the ball which makes the spoil improbable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Neither are going to help with our loser mentality
They actually might. They expect to be good. Like Wardlaw, Sheezel, and McKercher.

Bring enough blokes in with that mentality it might just override the disease we have.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Have not been so angry after a loss in living memory. Blew so many gaskets I was concerned about my blood pressure. This team kills me. Turnovers, stupid football, leaders are a joke when the heat is on. This is a game we should have NEVER lost yet no lead is safe for this team. “Choke” is one way to put it but it’s more a mindset part of our DNA. No such thing as an easy win.

Starts with our leaders. McDonald and Simpkin need to go!! That dropped mark by LMac in the last minute purely required him to commit to the mark yet went in half arsed. Deadwood.

Let's be honest had we won by a kick, how much does that change, nothin is what it changes.
Wall papering massive chasm sized cracks if we win.

He did stand under one somewhat in the last quarter , will move up the ground in years ahead and be great to watch. Thought he was alright today.

LDU not wanting to kick goals.
sums up this team.
they don’t want it bad enough…
Yes he was so good last week just kick the goal. Or at least have a shot. Better than a shanked pass to someone on a tougher angle anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy NM v West Coast - the great choke!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back