Training NMFC in Utah 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you two shut up, dont tempt fate.

If I had this power to which you allude, then Dyson Heppell would be a towel boy in a Turkish bath house.

If I had this power to which you allude, Dyson Heppell would be a towel boy in a Turkish bath house.

You know how it works my friend, if you want it to work it won't if you don't it will.

My gosh except for the cycling, watching them train is a little lacklustre for getting in early on pre-season. From the pointless half assed air squats, to the banded bicep curls and Jacks weird hip thrusting/triceps push up's on the log..they are doing nothing but burning calories (which is clearly what JZ needs to do). FYI being able to chew gum and talk while on a leg press does not equate to being a "big sesh"

In saying all this, I saw Brendon Ellis at the gym doing pretty pointless training too last off-season and he won a premiership...
5luLMf1_zpsyjbd07ie.gif

1. This is pre-preason training. It was designed to blow the cobwebs out after their holidays

2. They didn't need to do any training. The boys in Utah and Noosa wanted to do extra work before the start of pre-season. Good on them i say. They were still entitled to have more of a rest.

3. The Noosa boys are the banged up crew. All had injuries. They are easing into it and will be on restricted training (probably right up to christmas (jacobs for even longer)). A chance to train, relax, and chill before the tough stuff starts next week.

4. Relax. Sit back, enjoy the content and take solace in the fact are boys are priming themselves for a big 2018.

My gosh except for the cycling, watching them train is a little lacklustre for getting in early on pre-season. From the pointless half assed air squats, to the banded bicep curls and Jacks weird hip thrusting/triceps push up's on the log..they are doing nothing but burning calories (which is clearly what JZ needs to do). FYI being able to chew gum and talk while on a leg press does not equate to being a "big sesh"

In saying all this, I saw Brendon Ellis at the gym doing pretty pointless training too last off-season and he won a premiership...
Agreed. I would much rather see more videos of them partying and boozing in Europe o_O

Gotta say, absolutely f***in love seeing these behind the scenes vids. It's been a long year and it'll be a long pre-season, so thanks to the club for putting together such quality content to keep our interest. Our club is one of the best for media & member engagement, and we should all be super grateful for that!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 436233

1. This is pre-preason training. It was designed to blow the cobwebs out after their holidays

2. They didn't need to do any training. The boys in Utah and Noosa wanted to do extra work before the start of pre-season. Good on them i say. They were still entitled to have more of a rest.

3. The Noosa boys are the banged up crew. All had injuries. They are easing into it and will be on restricted training (probably right up to christmas (jacobs for even longer)). A chance to train, relax, and chill before the tough stuff starts next week.

4. Relax. Sit back, enjoy the content and take solace in the fact are boys are priming themselves for a big 2018.

I respect your opinions, but for elite and high performance athletes I just have a different level of expectations - based on what I know of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back