No Fyfe, No Barlow, No Walters, No Mayne No Worries

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Mark Thompson back to his excuse-making best. Half of the press conference was about the heat. The other half about their injuries. Just like the good old days when he was coach of Geelong.

still gotta love the man, no one coaches with his kinda 'style' :p

I reckon Croz is trying too hard. He's playing for his spot every week (as they all should be) but he's right on that fringe in the 20-25 range. He will be a late bloomer but I have no doubt he will make it.
I don't think it's been said either how much more cohesive our defense was today with Dawson and Pearce back in there. I was watching and Clancee was directing traffic a lot and Dawson just quietly goes about the business of making sure his man doesn't get a kick and peeling off when he knows its safe to affect other aerial contests. He's so bloody good at what he does.

Did anyone else notice Luke Darcy's pathetic attempts to interview Pav and Macca at the end of the game?

Darcy started interviewing Pav and every time he asked a question he would immediately look away the very second Pav tried to engage eye contact; you can actually see Pav slow down his talking and look Darcy directly in the eye. Darcy would simply look away to the crowd with his fake, sheepish grin whilst speaking in his dulcet, monotonous voice. At the end you could see Pav wasn't too pleased with the way he expressed his body language and the manner in which he was staring at Darcy.

Watch afterwards the interview with McPharlin and it's done in almost the exact same manner.

Utter, colossal, prick.

I reckon Croz is trying too hard. He's playing for his spot every week (as they all should be) but he's right on that fringe in the 20-25 range. He will be a late bloomer but I have no doubt he will make it.
I don't think it's been said either how much more cohesive our defense was today with Dawson and Pearce back in there. I was watching and Clancee was directing traffic a lot and Dawson just quietly goes about the business of making sure his man doesn't get a kick and peeling off when he knows its safe to affect other aerial contests. He's so bloody good at what he does.

It will be noted. A heck of a lot of positives from this game so it's taking time for everything to be pointed out. It is ridiculously unbelievable how much Dawson contributes, he doesn't just 'nullify' his opponent his work rate allows McPharlin and Johnson to play with a little more freedom; as evidenced by their highest disposal counts at the end of the game! C. Pearce just knows exactly where to direct the ball at stoppages and where to find the man at half-back, something we've been lacking in so far this year.

Great win today, Simpson showed he is ready to compete in the big leagues. Could be a super sub?

Neale was awesome, some great signs from Tabs, he did get muscled out of a few contests, but with experience and a bit more muscle, he looks like a good prospect.

Did anyone else notice Luke Darcy's pathetic attempts to interview Pav and Macca at the end of the game?

Darcy started interviewing Pav and every time he asked a question he would immediately look away the very second Pav tried to engage eye contact; you can actually see Pav slow down his talking and look Darcy directly in the eye. Darcy would simply look away to the crowd with his fake, sheepish grin whilst speaking in his dulcet, monotonous voice. At the end you could see Pav wasn't too pleased with the way he expressed his body language and the manner in which he was staring at Darcy.

Watch afterwards the interview with McPharlin and it's done in almost the exact same manner.

Utter, colossal, prick.

Yep I noticed. It was Cam Mooney (not Darcy). As a Geelong man, he was defending Mark Thompson's honour by refusing to acknowledge his vanquishers' existence. Much as Thompson himself did in his press conference. I also noticed that Mooney's sole comment as boundary rider in the 3rd quarter was that we had an unfair advantage with the heat. Funny how I never heard anything about the heat once the Bombers starting stacking on the goals and running like maniacs in the 4th.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said it before and I will say it again.
We don't win games due to having great players, we win due to great effort.
We bring the effort and we can win against anyone, anywhere no matter who is out.
Having great players is just the icing on the cake that makes things easier.

Eg today we had to work damn hard for our goals due to a lack of polish.
Add a few more great players and the goals would of come a bit easier.

We can have all our good players playing but if we don't bring the effort we will struggle to beat any top 8 teams.

Stuff this own the moment thing
It should be with great effort comes great reward.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Fyfe, No Barlow, No Walters, No Mayne No Worries

Remove this Banner Ad

Back