Multiplat No Man's Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you get one big room on the freighter? I seem to be only able to build single rooms that house one item. EG I can build a teleporter room but it only holds the teleporter. I want to be able to build one big ass room and put everything inside.

Also * the living ship quest. Busted my ass doing it all week only to get to a point where I need to use a portal. Now the portal glyph farm begins.
Just did a quick test, did a 3x3 room using "Technology Room (Expansion)" and was able to put a star gate in the middle.

Been buying and scrapping A and S class ships like crazy to get Storage Augmentation. Was getting frustrated that none were popping up. Found an exotic and kept scrapping and reloading but still nothing. Thought I'd try buying a slot first, when I went in I had the option to Apply Storage Augmentation. I was like "WTF?!", checked all my inventory and turns out I had some on my freighter and every time I scrapped a ship it added to that pile. FMD.

Had a good night the other night. Got my living ship and that exotic that I lost the other day came back. Is there a way to choose how it flys? I noticed sometimes it flys with the wings under the cockpit and others it flys with them up like when its landed.

Anyone else having an issue with the Anomaly where there's literally no-one else? It's been a few days like this now. I definitely have multiplayer turned on.

Feels lonely. :(
Yeah I'm seeing it reported on reddit. Laggy in there too.

Does anyone have any tips for transferring ps4 saves to ps5? I keep getting a save data upload fail from the machine whether i try from the ps4 or the ps5. Do I just keep trying and hope it's successful or am I doing something wrong?

Edit: nvm. apparently i had too many saved games. culled it to 4 and it worked.

Last edited:
So Freighter base transfers DO work, it's just bugged. You need to leave something on your old one to trigger the "you'll lose your stuff" dialog box, once you agree to that it'll ask if you want to transfer the base.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm no fan of the new update. I feel like everything is broken and I have to relearn everything and I'm not sure if the tweaks are going to be worth the effort.
Haven't played it but sounds like there's a fair few people that are pretty pissed about the changes.

Instead of having the three slots - main, tech and storage in different slots, it's now just tech and main on the one page and you have to scroll down past the tech to get to the inventory it then scroll the actual inventory. It's annoying, plus you can't do the 3+3 thing with upgrades either now, so everything has been nerfed. It just all feels broken to me.

Haven't played it but sounds like there's a fair few people that are pretty pissed about the changes.
There's a stack of people crying over it, I don't think it's the massive deal people are making it out to be. Games like this usually have issues after a big update that get fixed over the next few days, some of the inventory related stuff is getting fixed in a soon-to-be-released update (it's already on the preview channel on Steam)

Apparently s**t like this is a big deal to a lot of people, because automatically generating million/billions of units every day for no real reason is critical to the game
Well it is if you've gone to the trouble of finding an s-class deposit near a power source and then set up a massive extraction base.

I jump in front of ships to get my cash.
I heard you set up bases near other players who have gone to the trouble of finding an s-class activated emeril deposit near a power source and have set up a massive extraction base, and then you pinch it all

Last edited:
I heard you set up bases near other players who have gone to the trouble of finding an s-class activated emeril deposit near a power source and then set up a massive extraction base, and then you pinch it all

Guilty as charged.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat No Man's Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

Back