Multiplat No Man's Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

As in, if you upgrade your freighter I believe all the base components you built on it should move to the new one
Ahh, right. Bugger.

I spent a fair bit of time tracking down an S-Class Venetor when I first set it up a couple of years ago, had to settle for an A-Class but at least it looked like the one I wanted. Not sure if I can be bothered chasing the S-Class, especially if there's a risk of having to start over!

This is news to me, freighter bases have never moved, they just disappear. It makes it hard to find a new one if you have to dismantle the previous one, which is why you either settle for your current one or hold off building anything until you get your s class. I've got an A class and I guess that will just have to do. Too bad if I stumble over a better one though.

I really do hope they've changed that though.

This is news to me, freighter bases have never moved, they just disappear. It makes it hard to find a new one if you have to dismantle the previous one, which is why you either settle for your current one or hold off building anything until you get your s class. I've got an A class and I guess that will just have to do. Too bad if I stumble over a better one though.

I really do hope they've changed that though.
They did at one point

Sounds like others have had the issue too since the Endurance update and it's due to manually transferring your resources first, if you leave it all it should trigger a dialog box asking if you want to or not.

They did at one point

Sounds like others have had the issue too since the Endurance update and it's due to manually transferring your resources first, if you leave it all it should trigger a dialog box asking if you want to or not.

Well when I tried resetting the base it told me that I would lose everything so I guess I'm not exactly trusting it at the moment.

Also, the game has crashed on me twice tonight, once when I was afk. Hasn't done that for a long time.

Well when I tried resetting the base it told me that I would lose everything so I guess I'm not exactly trusting it at the moment.

Also, the game has crashed on me twice tonight, once when I was afk. Hasn't done that for a long time.
I had it crash a couple of times just after the update.

Also, I know my freighter probably isn't the 'best' one out there.. I don't even know what it is off the top of my head but I'm kind of attached to it and let's face it, it's not like you 'fly' it.

I've put in about 40 hours since the Endurance update and have lost about 2 hours of playtime due to crashes/needing to restart due to glitching through the ground/space stations.

**** I am loving it though. So much to do now.

Just found and bought my first ever exotic ship. Took it out for a test drive and the game crashed as I was coming back into my freighter. Good bye exotic. :(

Just found and bought my first ever exotic ship. Took it out for a test drive and the game crashed as I was coming back into my freighter. Good bye exotic. :(
It soon becomes second nature to get in and out of your ship whenever you get a new one/upgrade it/pretty much do anything

If you have all the portal glyphs, there's websites that can direct you to locations of certain types of ships.

Apparently you can have nine ships now? Wish I had have known that the other day when a nice blue squid landed at the trade post I was at. I recruited him to my squadron instead, looks pretty cool flying around when I'm taking on pirates.

Apparently you can have nine ships now? Wish I had have known that the other day when a nice blue squid landed at the trade post I was at. I recruited him to my squadron instead, looks pretty cool flying around when I'm taking on pirates.
Ahh bugger, I just trashed my squid so I could get one of those fancy new ones.

Come to think of it, I think I only had 5 ships before doing that and didn't actually need to anyway. Oops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently you can have nine ships now?
Awesome news. 6 is just not enough!

Speaking of squadrons, I built this dream something or other unit that sits in your starship and increases the chances of you meeting a deep space organism or something. I came across this booger with tentacles thing while pulsing around and after a brief conversation I was able to recruit it to my frigate squad..

Whats the best thing to do as a new player that has only just made it to the multiplayer hub? Its all a bit overwhelming.
Probably start with the story (Atlas path), that'll give you a good overview of some of the things you can do.

I had forgotten how much of a pain it is trying to get the right ship, but I finally got a cool S-Class Solar ship. Charcoal grey with purple wings. Looks like whilst you can have 9 ships, it only shows 6 in your hangar at any one time.

Also, I seem to still have my squid. I scraped it but I guess I never saved afterwards. Which is good given I didn't actually need to make room.

I've only had one solar ship so I'm not sure if they're all the same but I didn't like it because the sails obscured too much of the view in the cockpit. My main ship is the golden fighter that was an expedition prize. I've never flown anything better.
I've seen one of those in the Anomoly, looks pretty cool. Wish I knew about these expeditions earlier, missed out on some good shit.

How do you get one big room on the freighter? I seem to be only able to build single rooms that house one item. EG I can build a teleporter room but it only holds the teleporter. I want to be able to build one big ass room and put everything inside.

Also **** the living ship quest. Busted my ass doing it all week only to get to a point where I need to use a portal. Now the portal glyph farm begins.

How do you get one big room on the freighter? I seem to be only able to build single rooms that house one item. EG I can build a teleporter room but it only holds the teleporter. I want to be able to build one big ass room and put everything inside.

Also * the living ship quest. Busted my ass doing it all week only to get to a point where I need to use a portal. Now the portal glyph farm begins.
There's a couple of rooms that are generic empty rooms, they should join to form a bigger space. All my big areas and main hallways are using the legacy rooms though and have the new rooms littered around.

Have you done the Artemis quest? You get all the glyphs during that, which should be a bit more interesting then the standard way to get them. Once you get them, you can jump onto NMS coordinate exchange (reddit) which will show systems for all kinds of cool ships/weapons/freighters etc.

Also * the living ship quest. Busted my ass doing it all week only to get to a point where I need to use a portal. Now the portal glyph farm begins.
I don't think you can. I built large empty rooms to get the open space but the minute you start adding stuff it stuffs it up. Building a huge long nursery looks pretty cool though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat No Man's Sky

Remove this Banner Ad

Back