No Other State will ever be as good as Vctoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Hurricane75
SANFL = Inferior League.

VFL = Nothing without SANFL players. Nothing without WAFL players. The AFL isn't a Victorian league anymore.

SANFL an inferior league? HA! What a joke. The VFL was only better by YOUR standards, and only better because it poached from WA & SA who must have had BETTER players.

The VFL as you knew it is gone and gratefully forgotten. Get used to it.

Originally posted by raboyle
VFL = Nothing without SANFL players. Nothing without WAFL players. The AFL isn't a Victorian league anymore.

SANFL an inferior league? HA! What a joke. The VFL was only better by YOUR standards, and only better because it poached from WA & SA who must have had BETTER players.

The VFL as you knew it is gone and gratefully forgotten. Get used to it.

Are you joking around or being serious??? cause what you just said has no fact in it at all.
For example if you take one of the best teams in the VFL Coburg and look at there list you will see that there is only 1 interstate player and thats Dean Talbot thats it i think you will find 98% of the players in the VFL are actually Victorian,You also said that the VFL is gone ummm very doubtfull MR THICK because if you didnt realise the AFL clubs from VIC actually have a alignment with mots VFL clubs making the competition far superior to anyother in AUSTRALIA and last years state game is only proof of how much stronger the VFL is than the SANFL.
Also this year the VFL approched the SANFL for another state game this year which the SANFL rejected in fear of another flogging so to you Raboyle i say this back up what you say and dont come out with lies that are completly untrue becuase just makes what you say sound totaly false,At leats with Eastaugh he backs up what he says and i can respect that but you my friend i dont respect as you have proven to know very little.
Now go and do some study :eek:

Originally posted by Hurricane75
SANFL = Inferior League.

you have a large % of your players from the AFL clubs meaning it is the stronger league but only for this reason, whereas sanfl can only claim players from 2 teams (port and crows) and vfl can claim from much more afl teams than this. We will still beat you every so often so I wouldnt call us THAT inferior. Also remember that the sanfl doesnt use AFL listed players or rookie players in its state team whereas the vfl did, players such as teague from the kangas played one year too.

Originally posted by tige19
Are you joking around or being serious??? cause what you just said has no fact in it at all.
For example if you take one of the best teams in the VFL Coburg and look at there list you will see that there is only 1 interstate player and thats Dean Talbot thats it i think you will find 98% of the players in the VFL are actually Victorian,You also said that the VFL is gone ummm very doubtfull MR THICK because if you didnt realise the AFL clubs from VIC actually have a alignment with mots VFL clubs making the competition far superior to any other in AUSTRALIA and last years state game is only proof of how much stronger the VFL is than the SANFL.
Also this year the VFL approched the SANFL for another state game this year which the SANFL rejected in fear of another flogging so to you Raboyle i say this back up what you say and dont come out with lies that are completly untrue becuase just makes what you say sound totaly false,At leats with Eastaugh he backs up what he says and i can respect that but you my friend i dont respect as you have proven to know very little.
Now go and do some study :eek:

I didn't mean the current VFL because it is not the VFL of old. So what if AFL clubs are aligned to the VFL clubs, doesn't make the VFL comp better or superior. It is of the same caliber as the SANFL, in fact I quite like new VFL. It is an innovative league and the taking on of a Tassie team was the best move I have ever seen happen in a state-based league, of which I hope to see happen here with the advent of an NT team.

Caught the VFL Grand Final last year with Geelong and Port Melbourne and absolutely loved every minute.

The newer VFL is not the comp which converted to the AFL... and you can take back that MR Thick bulls**t and stick it, because at the moment for state matches we are leading 2-1. We beat you in 1999 and 2001 and the current VFL won in 2002.

We only rejected another encounter because we had already taken up a match with the WAFL. I think that if the VFL had a choice between playing SA three times in a row or taking on another football powerhouse like WA, they probably would have played WA. The new system of State matches with the SANFL is that they play a different team at least every 2nd or 3rd year. This year the SA Football Commission saw it fit that the SANFL give the rivalry a year's rest in favour of playing a WAFL team.

So maybe you should do a bit of study yourself... and only god knows how anybody can gain your respect.

I didn't mean the current VFL because it is not the VFL of old. So what if AFL clubs are aligned to the VFL clubs, doesn't make the VFL comp better or superior. It is of the same caliber as the SANFL, in fact I quite like new VFL. It is an innovative league and the taking on of a Tassie team was the best move I have ever seen happen in a state-based league, of which I hope to see happen here with the advent of an NT team.

Caught the VFL Grand Final last year with Geelong and Port Melbourne and absolutely loved every minute.

The newer VFL is not the comp which converted to the AFL... and you can take back that MR Thick bulls**t and stick it, because at the moment for state matches we are leading 2-1. We beat you in 1999 and 2001 and the current VFL won in 2002.

We only rejected another encounter because we had already taken up a match with the WAFL. I think that if the VFL had a choice between playing SA three times in a row or taking on another football powerhouse like WA, they probably would have played WA. The new system of State matches with the SANFL is that they play a different team at least every 2nd or 3rd year. This year the SA Football Commission saw it fit that the SANFL give the rivalry a year's rest in favour of playing a WAFL team.

So maybe you should do a bit of study yourself... and only god knows how anybody can gain your respect.

Ok mate point taken to be honest ive heard great raps on the SANFL and i think its a top league ok i would actully love to try my luck in the comp as a couple of my mates are over there 1 oh whom is playing for North Adelaide look him up his name is Davic Caccamo his a gun played at Port melbourne last year.
Well i still think the VFL is a stronger comp but i belive the SANFL is 2nd only to the VFL.
cheers

Ok mate point taken to be honest ive heard great raps on the SANFL and i think its a top league ok i would actully love to try my luck in the comp as a couple of my mates are over there 1 oh whom is playing for North Adelaide look him up his name is Davic Caccamo his a gun played at Port melbourne last year.
Well i still think the VFL is a stronger comp but i belive the SANFL is 2nd only to the VFL.
cheers

OK... how about we call a truce between you and me right here.

Well... at least until 2004, when the SANFL will probably square off with the VFL in Melbourne.

Or how about the day my beloved Central District against the might of the Coburg Tigers in a state league club game?! That would be a sweet match up! :D

OK... how about we call a truce between you and me right here.

Well... at least until 2004, when the SANFL will probably square off with the VFL in Melbourne.

Or how about the day my beloved Central District against the might of the Coburg Tigers in a state league club game?! That would be a sweet match up! :D

Yeah truce buddy ;)
A game between Coburg and Centrals would be a classic i think especially if both teams were at full strength.
What AFL listed players do the boys at Centrals have ???

Yeah truce buddy ;)
A game between Coburg and Centrals would be a classic i think especially if both teams were at full strength.
What AFL listed players do the boys at Centrals have ???

Stuart Cochrane (Port), Daniel Schell (Adelaide).

Some former AFL boys include Chris & James Gowans (St. Kilda) and former VFL Box Hill Mustang Marco Bello. Not too many AFL listed players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by eastaugh36
also take a look at the origin results from the 80s before the vfl departed and you will see the sanfl often won, inferior........not.

Yes, but even in the 80s Vic guns came down with one week bouts of flu/hammy/groin/bubonic plague.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Other State will ever be as good as Vctoria

Remove this Banner Ad

Back