No Purple Haze in Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don't see the issue. It is the clearest separation in colours. Purple probably isn't a clash (as per the 2010 final), but white is definitely a clear distinction. Purple plus white shorts looks terrible. And purple shorts vs brown shorts are both dark colours. Not a big deal.

If you said to me at the start of the year that Freo would be in the grand final, but have to ditch all purple for all white ... would have taken that deal for sure.

In all seriousness, Freo should take over both and the players should change into the purple haze if they do get up. Sure, it's presumptive, but if they get up they'd want to be immortalised in the purple surely.

They are going to look out of place if they are triumphant on grand final day no matter if they wear the clash strip or the traditional purple one.

I really don't see the issue. It is the clearest separation in colours. Purple probably isn't a clash (as per the 2010 final), but white is definitely a clear distinction. Purple plus white shorts looks terrible. And purple shorts vs brown shorts are both dark colours. Not a big deal.

If you said to me at the start of the year that Freo would be in the grand final, but have to ditch all purple for all white ... would have taken that deal for sure.

How is purple and white shorts "terrible"? Looks basically identical to Carlton in white shorts which looks great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculous. There is no clash whatsoever.

594172-freo-v-hawks.jpg

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Hawks in home strip as highest-ranked club. Freo put in white shorts by AFL &amp; given option of purple or white jumper. Club picked all white.</p>&mdash; Patrick Keane (@AFL_PKeane) <a href="">September 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The club also chose to go with white jumpers. The AFL mandated white shorts and hooped socks, but the jumper decision was down to the honchos.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Hawks in home strip as highest-ranked club. Freo put in white shorts by AFL &amp; given option of purple or white jumper. Club picked all white.</p>&mdash; Patrick Keane (@AFL_PKeane) <a href="">September 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yep there you go. Fremantle picked the all white. No need to hate on the AFL.

How is purple and white shorts "terrible"? Looks basically identical to Carlton in white shorts which looks great.

Well, I just don't think it looks good. But, now that you mention it, not that bad with Carlton. So maybe you have a point, though I think all navy still looks a lot better. Maybe historically the Blues existence has bred more of an acceptance to the white shorts. But I'm used to all purple or all white, and when they trotted out in the mixture against Geelong earlier in the year, I thought it looked really bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Purple Haze in Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back