No Purple Haze in Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep there you go. Fremantle picked the all white. No need to hate on the AFL.

Their option was purple with white shorts, which looks daft.

I can see ni reason all purple would cause a problem

So yeah, im going to hate on the AFL thanks, they have ****ed up yet another basic administrative decision for yet another historic event.

White kit looks good, but the point is the afl are useless.

White kit is s#**house, pretty disappointed. Maybe the logic is it is easier to see for the players? Why Freo should bother to listen to what the AFL has to say on kit choice has me buggered given how they bow down to the magpies.

"Oh, I'll pass it to that guy, his shorts look like they might possibly be brown if I squint hard enough. hmm...should I look at his jumper colour before I decide whether he's my teammate? Nah!"

fremantle-420x0.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club also chose to go with white jumpers. The AFL mandated white shorts and hooped socks, but the jumper decision was down to the honchos.

Maybe this was the clincher in Freo's decision. Personally I don't mind the purple (or any dark guernsey) with white shorts (a lot of tradition there in differentiating teams) but with the hooped socks perhaps they thought it was too much of a mish-mash.

Fremantle has the choice....they chose to wear the white instead of purple..... hahaha. what idiots!

Given a choice between this:

Matthew+Pavlich+AFL+Rd+13+Fremantle+v+Essendon+-yyNrXLzPdMl.jpg

and this:

Matthew+Pavlich+AFL+Rd+14+Collingwood+v+Fremantle+NpKvThsGD5Zl.jpg

The club chose the all white. My guess is partly for uniformity and also because I think we have only ever worn that particular purple jumper / white shorts combo maybe 3-4 times so maybe they feel we identify better with either all purple or all white rather than a combination.

And seeing the morons at the AFL wouldn't let us wear all purple, they went with the next best option.

I love the all-white strip. Prefer that heaps more to purple gurnsey and white shorts.

All purple would have been best, but, meh, this is a non-event as far as I'm concerned.

That would be a nice return fukc you to vlad. What would the fine be anyway, $20k? Would be worth it.
Given Woodside logo is on the purple guernsey I'm sure they'd fit the bill.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Purple Haze in Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back