Non-AFL chat thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

So... "Now and then"?

Good for the nostalgia factor, but can't see it appearing on too many play lists. Plus it's all a bit too artificial.

Who'll be next? Bonham/Moon? Hendrix? Joplin? Bolan? Beethoven?

Edit: Bon!

What about Glenn Maxwell?

With Australia at one point 7/91 and all but kaput, 201 off 128 balls is bonkers stuff.

It's insane watching him in full flight, but a bit bittersweet considering what could have been with his career.

With Australia at one point 7/91 and all but kaput, 201 off 128 balls is bonkers stuff.

It's insane watching him in full flight, but a bit bittersweet considering what could have been with his career.

Best modern innings.

Double ton in a target of 291 is just nuts in itself…. And he didn’t even open the innings.

And I gave up and went to sleep when Stoinis went out 😭
Bad Dogs 13

Yes, what could have been. All that talent resulting in just 7 tests. Something just didn’t translate into the long form game. Not sure what it was. Bowling not penetrating enough? Impatient with batting? Going hard too early? Not sure what it was but as a Victorian I wanted him to play a lot more. Hopefully he is still building to the final.

Has anyone here caught, and experienced the recent super bugs / viruses going around?

I have unfortunately caught two in less than four weeks. Lets just say, for someone who viruses normally bounce off and is rarely sick. They have both been the worst things I have ever experienced in my life sickness wise. Even Covid was a walk in the park in comparison.

Four weeks ago I felt my throat go dry for a couple of days, then came three days of intense coughing fits. Eventually busted my blood vessels, I was coughing up blood. Was begging hard for just a small sweet moment where I could breathe. Eventually turned into wet coughs, filling tissues with dirty mucus, and finally after two weeks I no longer coughed. Ended up going to a music festival, energy was back, then went to work my new job at a bar Saturday night. Surely it could not happen again could it?

WRONG!

Sunday night, 8pm. HIT HARD. Out of no where a whole new beast hit, bringing every symptom within a couple of hours. Throat and head flared up to super high temperatures, I was gasping and struggle to breathe, dry hard coughs came back in. Tried to sleep it off, but I could not settle. Had temperate done Monday arvo, it was 39 (the danger zone is 39.4). Even though I was hot, I still had feverish chills and felt so cold. Breathing had gotten tighter. Panadol got the temperature down, but only for 30 mins, as it quickly spiked back up again. Struggled to down water, so was fairly de-hydrated. Ended up on phone call to a nurse on call Tuesday night. The only thing that stopped me ending up in hospital, was heart rate was not to high, and I had GP booked for the morning. I honestly wanted to fall asleep and never wake up.

Worst part was. In only 36 hours since I became sick. I already lost a crazy 6kg. That morning I was walking with intense chills/shakes as if I was having seizures, as I got up to go pee. Literally could not pee as I could not stay still, arms and legs were flopping around like crazy. Back in bed I was curled up in a ball, and shaking hard for 30 minutes feeling cold as, yet head was super hot. Come time for the Doctor, it took 30 mins for me to muster energy to just sit up. Walking around in slow shuffles. Nothing can be done Doctor said, but ride it out and take more panadol. Started to feel better that night, then was sick again the next morning with coughing fits and more chills and temperature. Started to feel better last night. Sick as again this morning, breathing wheezy and tight. As if it is just going in circles and being a tease, thinking you're about to get better.

Super contagious too. First time in family history the whole household is bed ridden, and within less than two days of me first getting sick. Honestly I am over it. Sweating like crazy and wheezy just sitting here typing this. Do not wish this on anyone.

Has anyone here caught, and experienced the recent super bugs / viruses going around?

I have unfortunately caught two in less than four weeks. Lets just say, for someone who viruses normally bounce off and is rarely sick. They have both been the worst things I have ever experienced in my life sickness wise. Even Covid was a walk in the park in comparison.

Four weeks ago I felt my throat go dry for a couple of days, then came three days of intense coughing fits. Eventually busted my blood vessels, I was coughing up blood. Was begging hard for just a small sweet moment where I could breathe. Eventually turned into wet coughs, filling tissues with dirty mucus, and finally after two weeks I no longer coughed. Ended up going to a music festival, energy was back, then went to work my new job at a bar Saturday night. Surely it could not happen again could it?

WRONG!

Sunday night, 8pm. HIT HARD. Out of no where a whole new beast hit, bringing every symptom within a couple of hours. Throat and head flared up to super high temperatures, I was gasping and struggle to breathe, dry hard coughs came back in. Tried to sleep it off, but I could not settle. Had temperate done Monday arvo, it was 39 (the danger zone is 39.4). Even though I was hot, I still had feverish chills and felt so cold. Breathing had gotten tighter. Panadol got the temperature down, but only for 30 mins, as it quickly spiked back up again. Struggled to down water, so was fairly de-hydrated. Ended up on phone call to a nurse on call Tuesday night. The only thing that stopped me ending up in hospital, was heart rate was not to high, and I had GP booked for the morning. I honestly wanted to fall asleep and never wake up.

Worst part was. In only 36 hours since I became sick. I already lost a crazy 6kg. That morning I was walking with intense chills/shakes as if I was having seizures, as I got up to go pee. Literally could not pee as I could not stay still, arms and legs were flopping around like crazy. Back in bed I was curled up in a ball, and shaking hard for 30 minutes feeling cold as, yet head was super hot. Come time for the Doctor, it took 30 mins for me to muster energy to just sit up. Walking around in slow shuffles. Nothing can be done Doctor said, but ride it out and take more panadol. Started to feel better that night, then was sick again the next morning with coughing fits and more chills and temperature. Started to feel better last night. Sick as again this morning, breathing wheezy and tight. As if it is just going in circles and being a tease, thinking you're about to get better.

Super contagious too. First time in family history the whole household is bed ridden, and within less than two days of me first getting sick. Honestly I am over it. Sweating like crazy and wheezy just sitting here typing this. Do not wish this on anyone.
Hope you can get over it soon. Take care mate.

My housemate brought something home from a festival, but it was more of a really rough cold, not even flu. Can't even imagine what you're describing but it's very interesting to hear. Hope yourself and your family are through it soon.

My housemate brought something home from a festival, but it was more of a really rough cold, not even flu. Can't even imagine what you're describing but it's very interesting to hear. Hope yourself and your family are through it soon.

I went to see the Flu Fighters last night so I should be ok 🤪

WRONG!

Wow. Hope you feel better soon. What you have would put me in hospital. I'm going to the Respiratory Lab at RMH tomorrow for tests, then seeing my respiratory doctor. My Aged Care helper is driving me and then pushing me in my hybrid walker since I can no longer walk very far. Unfortunately, her car a/c is broken, so I'll have to sit in a hot car the 45 kms to and back. One symptom of my neurological disease is an intolerance of heat, so I'll be keeping myself hydrated. I hate summer.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow. Hope you feel better soon. What you have would put me in hospital. I'm going to the Respiratory Lab at RMH tomorrow for tests, then seeing my respiratory doctor. My Aged Care helper is driving me and then pushing me in my hybrid walker since I can no longer walk very far. Unfortunately, her car a/c is broken, so I'll have to sit in a hot car the 45 kms to and back. One symptom of my neurological disease is an intolerance of heat, so I'll be keeping myself hydrated. I hate summer.

Yeah I was saying to Mum. I cannot imagine an elderly person, or someone with weak lungs going through this, would be dangerous for them.

Shame about your carers AC not working. At least at this point it doesn't look to be to warm. Hydration is the best thing. Every since I have been sick, I never knew I liked water so much. Stay safe on your trips. Hopefully you won't have to make too many this summer.

I usually never go out when it hits the high 20s. Someone brings my dinner to my unit so I don't have to walk the 80 metres and back in the heat to the dining room. It's like lockdown, but without the Covid.

I have a cup of coffee in the morning and about 2 litres of water during the day. I have the odd can of Pepsi, or tonic water once in a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you survive the day Chicago? I hope so.
I hope you are on the improve too Cerberus.
( just remember my kind thoughts. If you pass away and have guaranteed access to GF tickets in 2024 ………….
It’s up to you what you do with them and you can’t take them with you. Plus not a lot of other guys on here are wishing you the best)

The visit to RMH went well. We had the windows wound down and with the outside gale force wind, things weren't too bad. Only about 53 minutes driving in, and a little over an hour back. Luckily we didn't run into the protesters.(Well, maybe running into them wouldn't have been such a bad thing.)

Excuse my intrusion Western Bulldogs. For the past few months I’ve been following Ricky in Isaan ( you tube ) a doggies supporter living in Thailand overcoming a huge loss in his life but staying strong . Just thought I would share.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thanks for that. I subscribed after viewing a few videos. He certainly has his work cut out for him. Will try and catch up with the earlier videos this weekend.

Yeah I was saying to Mum. I cannot imagine an elderly person, or someone with weak lungs going through this, would be dangerous for them.

Shame about your carers AC not working. At least at this point it doesn't look to be to warm. Hydration is the best thing. Ever since I have been sick, I never knew I liked water so much. Stay safe on your trips. Hopefully you won't have to make too many this summer.
Sorry to hear you have been so sick We got back from a cruise aka virus incubator 6 days ago The last three days of it me and sister in law had cold type symptoms Covid negative then my wife got it and brother got Covid! Thought I was getting better now worse again coughing a lot and running nose Ninth day now Not as shitfull as yours but

Sorry to hear you have been so sick We got back from a cruise aka virus incubator 6 days ago The last three days of it me and sister in law had cold type symptoms Covid negative then my wife got it and brother got Covid! Thought I was getting better now worse again coughing a lot and running nose Ninth day now Not as shitfull as yours but
That sucks to hear. Cruises are a nightmare for catching things. Only takes one sick person, and away it goes. Which is why I am hesitant on letting Mum go on one just yet, given she is an immune compromised transplant recipient. Hopefully the cruise was good prior to getting sick.

Thankfully I am through the worst of it. Entering one week now. Still got a persistent cough that wont let me sleep, things tastes weird, if I eat anything acidic my tongue feels like it is burnt/blistered. And overall weight loss sits at 7kg. Once the last of this cough goes away, I should be right. Will take time to get some energy back though, very weak at the moment.

Tested negative to Covid which actually made me sad. Because the worst Covid strain is doing the rounds at the moment. Which means a strong chance of me getting triple whacked once I return to work in a high risk environment. Biggest fear right now.

That sucks to hear. Cruises are a nightmare for catching things. Only takes one sick person, and away it goes. Which is why I am hesitant on letting Mum go on one just yet, given she is an immune compromised transplant recipient. Hopefully the cruise was good prior to getting sick.

Thankfully I am through the worst of it. Entering one week now. Still got a persistent cough that wont let me sleep, things tastes weird, if I eat anything acidic my tongue feels like it is burnt/blistered. And overall weight loss sits at 7kg. Once the last of this cough goes away, I should be right. Will take time to get some energy back though, very weak at the moment.

Tested negative to Covid which actually made me sad. Because the worst Covid strain is doing the rounds at the moment. Which means a strong chance of me getting triple whacked once I return to work in a high risk environment. Biggest fear right now.
Tests may not detect current strain?

It may be possible. I read somewhere that a couple of strains may not show up on Covid tests. Not sure whether that is true or not? I had three tests when super sick three weeks ago, and a couple so far for this one. Mum had one as well, since she picked up what I have. Both nasal and oral, and all negative. Which I found strange as a fair few symptoms scream classic Covid, and the Dr didn't refer to it as Covid, just a virus.

It may be possible. I read somewhere that a couple of strains may not show up on Covid tests. Not sure whether that is true or not? I had three tests when super sick three weeks ago, and a couple so far for this one. Mum had one as well, since she picked up what I have. Both nasal and oral, and all negative. Which I found strange as a fair few symptoms scream classic Covid, and the Dr didn't refer to it as Covid, just a virus.
Yes I'm suspicious of covid when 4 of us have same symptoms but only one positive despite multiple tests.

It sounds as if our annual flu injections are ineffective at preventing illness from these recent strains. A pessimistic pov would have us believe we'll be living in a constant viral soup for some time. Commiserations to all those affected. I might have to adopt Scrooge's attitude towards Christmas and avoid it altogether.😟

We're all going through it hey. I tested positive for covid today. My sister is on immunosuppressant medication, and while she's still testing negative for covid, she has a fairly high fever that isn't going down so she's being monitored in hospital overnight with some IV fluids going.
Get them to check for possible viral Pneumonia going around. Hope your sister gets better soon. I worry about my Immunocompromised family members all the time.

Last week I went to the Doctor, he told me it is just a virus, can't do anything about it, but take some painkillers and fight through it. I went to a second doctor, same clinic just two days ago, purely just to get a medical certificate for work. Otherwise I'd have never gone at all. He decided to test me himself after retracing my symptoms. Turns out I have Pneumonia. Whether it was a side effect to a virus/covid, or whether I had it the whole time who knows? Apparently Pneumonia, Covid and a respiratory virus are all going around.

Just as well I went. I would have been on zero medicines and thinking I was just coughing up the remnants of a virus for the next couple of weeks, not knowing my lungs were bad, and also worked this week. Lesson learned.

Is there a reason I can't see when a user had edited their post? This used to be a feature but seems to have disappeared. Is there somewhere in my settings that's allows me to select whether I wish to see if someone has edited a post?

Remove this Banner Ad

Non-AFL chat thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back