NON-Afl listed players Capable of playing AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

possibly nick sautner from sandringham
alsotwo from Eastern Football League in Melbourne that i think could be developed into awesome forwards
Matt Greig from Vermont kiked more goals than Patrick Bowden and i think has played two games for kangaroos way back
and Brad Kelleher from Croydon in the EFL absolute gun forward similar size to Brendon Goddard played with the Box Hill Seniors side and was meant to be a 1s to 2nd round pick in the 2005 draft but due to injury could not nominate

Perhaps Kris Pendlebury is a small chance from our VFL list, he seems to be getting back into some form. A 3rd tall type player who can play either end, perhaps even a CHB option.

I'm not the best judge of VFL to AFL ability as I wrote off Picken (although I never really watched him after the Collingwood/Willy affiliation dissolved) however these full forwards the likes of Sautner and Podsiadly are not and have never been good enough to play AFL footy at a level beyond list filler.

I am always seeing Horne from Coburg named in the best so would assume he is capable of playing at a higher level.

possibly nick sautner from sandringham
alsotwo from Eastern Football League in Melbourne that i think could be developed into awesome forwards
Matt Greig from Vermont kiked more goals than Patrick Bowden and i think has played two games for kangaroos way back
and Brad Kelleher from Croydon in the EFL absolute gun forward similar size to Brendon Goddard played with the Box Hill Seniors side and was meant to be a 1s to 2nd round pick in the 2005 draft but due to injury could not nominate
Too bloody old.

I am always seeing Horne from Coburg named in the best so would assume he is capable of playing at a higher level.

Jade Rawlings was on an SEN VFL show a couple of Thursday nights ago, and he was asked this question. Horne was one of the names he mentioned as deserving of being drafted or rookie listed.

Mick Barlow from Werribee in the VFL should have been and still should be given a chance.

He is in his second year with the Tigers after completed a pre season with St Kilda. He was told he would get rookied but then Fraser Gehrig decided to come out of retirement and fill a spot on the list. The G train had a shocking year and could well have cost Barlow a shot in the big league.

Barlow was been named in last years VFL team of the year and is still only 21.

michael hibberd currently playin for frankston dolphins was unlucky not to be drafted last year after a strong tac cup season with the stringrays

only 19,playin good footy with the dolphins

should be considered!!

Where does Horne play, and how old is he?
Coburg. Him, Carnell and Liddle are all 21/22 and better players than most of the Richmond-listed VFL regulars. What I think is counting against them though is none of them are particularly tall, so they may struggle at the higher level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

spot on with Barlow from Werribee

that is who i thought of before i opened this thread

would be a solid AFL player at the very least and could be drafted this year

michael hibberd currently playin for frankston dolphins was unlucky not to be drafted last year after a strong tac cup season with the stringrays

only 19,playin good footy with the dolphins

should be considered!!
Good call. Hibbo is constantly in the best and the only thing that might stop him is pace or lack of it, great footballer.
One I have seen a bit of this year who impresses me is Will Johnson from Sandy. Very brave and hard at it.
i think the AFL recruiters will look closely at the state leagues to see who might have been overlooked after they took all the 17 year olds last year

Alot of calling for Michael Hibbard on here, he has really come on since last year, has relished the role of playing in a position that suits him, and not one he had to play at Stingrays, consatantly in the best, hard at it, strong over head, good endurance, works both ways, could use the ball a little bit better, but is predominantly a reliable kick, kicks a long way and would be a very good chance to be on an AFL list next year.

Another one from Frankston Dolphins is Mark Baguely, genuinely quick small forward who has been named in the best most weeks this year, has kicked plenty of goals, and is able to push into the midfield.

James Wall from Casey Scorpions has been named in the best nearly every game this year, is able to hold down a KP (at either end) and is a strong mark, skills are a little lack lustre at times but has worked on them since he was delisted by the Brisbane Lions after being rookie listed by them, has a big engine and one player that I think may also be a strong chance to be looked at after spending some time in the AFL system already.

Kyle Matthews, the Scorpions captain I think, may also be a handy options, 21, tough, hard, courageous, has all the atributes, is a reliable worker, and one who is well respected by the playing group (captain), he could also be looked at.

Young Alex Silvagni finally found his niche in defence for the Scorpions last year, strong defender, has a bit of a temper problem and does go missing during some games, is though, able to play in a variety of positions, and has even played in the ruck at some stages this year. Was looked at last year apparently, but was not picked up.

Alot was made on the Bombers board last year of Stuart Crameri, a reliable hard worker who plays in the back half, has had a really solid few seasons with the Bendigo Bombers and was even training with the Bombers in light of a rookie position with the Essendon side before Skipworth took that spot, one player who I think could make an impact at senior level next year.

Jack Bristow, also from the Bendigo Bombers side is another that may be able to take the next step up to AFL level, although more of a speculative choice, Bristow has shown that he is more than capable of playing against the big boys in the VFL senios and is able to play up forward also, tap work is ok, and skills good around the ground.

Yea I agree Horne is just 21 and a very good player but at 5"9 (approx 176cm) it might be hard for him to get on a list. teams seem to be looking for blokes 6 foot and above. However with the sucsess of Nahas team might have a look. could do worse than him I think. Gold coast might also have an eye on these guys. they will need a few experianced guys with big bodies

jarrod dalton from port melb.193cm,great kick,good leg speed.holds down fb week in week out and can also play up forward.still only 22,would def be worthy of a spot on a rookie list if not a senior list

There are a few going about, Marcus Marigliani and Hibberd from Frankston. About 10 from North Ballarat i.e. Michael Searl, Matt Sharkey, Cam Richardson, Myles Sewell.. Williamstown Xav Gotch if he was 3cm taller.. Barlow from Werribee is a superstar.

frank 87......Can you tell me who won the EFL First Division Goalkicking???????? If thats not dominating (in your first year), I don't know what is. Brad is just getting warmed up. Can't wait to see what he will do in 2010, when he will be fully recovered from injuries!!!!!!!

does him winning the 1st divvy goalkicking mean he would be worthy of getting drafted.he is clearly not big enough for key position in the afl,nothing against the guy but common sense would say he is not gonna get drafted

Remove this Banner Ad

NON-Afl listed players Capable of playing AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back