NON-Afl listed players Capable of playing AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yea I agree Horne is just 21 and a very good player but at 5"9 (approx 176cm) it might be hard for him to get on a list. teams seem to be looking for blokes 6 foot and above. However with the sucsess of Nahas team might have a look. could do worse than him I think. Gold coast might also have an eye on these guys. they will need a few experianced guys with big bodies

was an absaloute joke not to be drafted in his year. captained calder cannons to the grandfinal in his 06 year. Where he won their best and fairest by the length of the flemington straight. Then went
o
n to win the TAC coaches award. Played in the national championships where in the last quater racked up 18touches. Since then playing for Coburg made the VFL team of the year. Was invited down for pre season at tigers for a few seasons in a row but was never picked because of his size. Should be interesting to see if he does this year...

3 Boys from Port Melbourne have been invited to state screening and I wouldnt be suprised if all of them made an AFL list.

Sam Dwyer, Chris Cain and Jarrod Dalton.

Cam Pederson from Box Hill has also attracted alot of attention.

Hi,

Not sure if he counts, but what about Shae McNamara? He never played footy before, and he is from America. The Magpies are sure looking to give him a try at ruckman.

Bret

possibly nick sautner from sandringham
alsotwo from Eastern Football League in Melbourne that i think could be developed into awesome forwards
Matt Greig from Vermont kiked more goals than Patrick Bowden and i think has played two games for kangaroos way back
and Brad Kelleher from Croydon in the EFL absolute gun forward similar size to Brendon Goddard played with the Box Hill Seniors side and was meant to be a 1s to 2nd round pick in the 2005 draft but due to injury could not nominate

^^^bwahahahahahaha.....Matt Greig was on Richmond's rookie or supp list in the late 1990's and was an absolute spud. Plus he would be 30/31 yrs old now. Not a chance in hell he would get drafted from a suburban comp.

what about steven kennedy from weribee, had a good year ended up playing half the year in the ones and came second in the twos best and fariest? he trained with the bulldogs the year before as a semi rookie prospect but it didnt eventuate. Only 20 years old imaculate skills and not a bad hieght, would be perfect as a conventional winger

Anyone know how Jamie Sheehan is going? I saw him play for Vic Country last year and thought he would be a shu in to get drafted. I also heard he is a handy cricketer. Does anyone know more about him and how his footy is going and his chance of getting picked up this year??

Fair to say most Bendigo guys are safe.
AFL clubs aren't that likely to look at anyone who is going to be tied down to one spot. Ie Podsiadly isn't really mobile enough to play anywhere but FF, and not really tall enough to be a good CHF.
Same with all the short midfielders - these days you have to be able to go into the forward line or the backline as part of the rotations - & it's a lot harder to find or stop the ball if you're giving away 5 inches to your match-up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was good to see Big Pods and Barlow get drafted and god they have been playing some good football.

It will be interesting to see if any players can make the step up like those two blokes have done so.

Myles Sewell would have to be a good chance of being drafted. Doesn't his older brother play for Hawthorn? If Barlow can step up I beklieve Myles Sewell can?rl
Yeah, I think so. And, with Barlow and Pods starring, I think more teams will tend to look for the mature age players in the VFL, SANFL, WAFL etc.

^^^bwahahahahahaha.....Matt Greig was on Richmond's rookie or supp list in the late 1990's and was an absolute spud. Plus he would be 30/31 yrs old now. Not a chance in hell he would get drafted from a suburban comp.

And a myriad of shoulder problems.

Reckon Coburg might have one to watch in Lawton...wasn't the worst today in a shock loss to Werribee.

Yep i think Little should get drafted this year if nominated. mature age picks have worked well in the past and he looks no exception.

Remove this Banner Ad

NON-Afl listed players Capable of playing AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back