Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Huh?

Whats so disgraceful? He literally won 1 in 10 games for the past 3 seasons.

I dunno, if you were fired from your job tomorrow and the newspaper put it on the front page with a healthy dose of schadenfreude you'd probably think it was a bit distasteful.

I can’t believe how Pyke thought he would even coach this weekend.

Simpson had a contract to coach West Coast in 2025 and then WC pull the trigger and sack him and you then expect him to coach? Seriously, what did they expect him to do.

Was a somewhat odd request, not surprised Simmo has chosen to decline. Overall though, it appears on the surface to be as handled as reasonably as possible, but who knows what has gone down behind closed doors.

As for the West Australian… it’s hard to believe they have sank even lower than they already are, but they sure love the shock value. And they are an actual media “partner” of WCE believe it or not 😂

Was a somewhat odd request, not surprised Simmo has chosen to decline. Overall though, it appears on the surface to be as handled as reasonably as possible, but who knows what has gone down behind closed doors.

As for the West Australian… it’s hard to believe they have sank even lower than they already are, but they sure love the shock value. And they are an actual media “partner” of WCE believe it or not 😂

And being a media partner is exactly why they have written it this way. Support the Board and Executive and kick the fallen on the way out.

Pyke has clearly learnt from his time here.

Simpson had a contract to coach West Coast in 2025 and then WC pull the trigger and sack him and you then expect him to coach? Seriously, what did they expect him to do.
I think Pyke is a smart operator but he's such a robot. He needs his own John Connor to teach him how to be human.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm assuming Simpson will have his contract paid out.... Is this a ideal scenario where he can now have a long holiday with his family and take a year off coaching because he's technically gonna be paid for it and pretty much every club would hand him a role in some capacity in 2026?

I'm assuming Simpson will have his contract paid out.... Is this a ideal scenario where he can now have a long holiday with his family and take a year off coaching because he's technically gonna be paid for it and pretty much every club would hand him a role in some capacity in 2026?
Didn't Pyke mention that was the case?

That front page was rude and in poor taste but I'd still take it over a senile Graham Cornes constantly gaslighting supporters.

The media are a pack of useless bastards.

Reckon they need to be brought to account but the problem is they get all sooky la la when they get their whack.

Good on Simmo for calling them out.
Most of the media is now click bait... & only a minority are actual journalists worth listening to or reading.

Pyke should have known better as an ex-coach.

Heeney will get off on appeal. Nothing surer. It's so predictable you'd think it's scripted.
And so he should. If that was a Crows player, especially one that's favourite for the Brownlow, we would be livid.

He hardly got him. I've had a flick on the nose , playing footy before, and it's pissed blood. Heeney doesn't deserve a week.

Heeney will get off on appeal. Nothing surer. It's so predictable you'd think it's scripted.
Absolutely should, ridiculous suspension. Not his fault Webster decided to lower his body at the time Heeney tried to brush his hold off. If we're suspending players for that we might as well just go non contact.

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back