Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Who will win a final first?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Shoot me down if I'm talking nonsense. But I actually think Duggan tried to move his body to throw Cameron of him. Cameron was stronger and ended up falling on him.

0 weeks. Play on.

This is exactly what I thought as well, to me it seemed like Duggan was trying to twist and break the tackle and that action was what caused Cameron to fall on top on him.

Hopefully a young lad would ask for a trade to the crows.
dab GIF by NDSU Athletics

St Kilda going full tank mode resting Phillipou for the next month during which they play West Coast and Richmond
Surely he has an injury.

No one needs resting for a month!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Charlie's 3 match ban stands...
As does Bedford's

Bloody hell I'm not sure what else either player is supposed to do, the AFL legit wants them to stop tackling the player mid tackle and just let them go which goes against every competitive instinct.

As does Bedford's

Bloody hell I'm not sure what else either player is supposed to do, the AFL legit wants them to stop tackling the player mid tackle and just let them go which goes against every competitive instinct.
Touch footy they all be wearing handkerchiefs in their shorts by 2030

The Cameron tackle really looks to me like his opponent pulled Cameron to ground. Cameron certainly wasn't driving him into the ground. It wasn't a sling tackle, it wasn't two motions.

The AFL have tried to eliminate the bump without banning it by punishing outcomes. Surely this can't also extend to tackles as well?

I can’t believe what they are doing to our game, tackle someone fairly, they get hurt by accident and you cop 3 weeks, are players not supposed to tackle any more?

Then you can run past someone off the ball, clip them in the head, they don’t get hurt and it’s a lesser offence?

They’ve gone ****ing mad
When Heeney got done, I thought I must have been looking at the wrong vid because I didn't see any contact to warrant anything. Then, in slow mo you could see his arm sling back and hit the guy in the schnoz. Reckon it was a deliberate tactic used over and over in the AFL to get a player to keep his distance or at least be wary it might be coming. Unlucky it was a direct hit and drew blood. It was not much more than Butters' intentional bitch slap and off the ball snipes he keeps getting away with, yet he ends up with a suspension.

I watched Cameron's tackle a few times. It's in the eye of the beholder, but to me it was as much Duggan's fault as it was Cameron's the way he forced/pulled Cameron on top of himself.

It's a lottery, just like the umpiring. The AFL is ****ed.

When Heeney got done, I thought I must have been looking at the wrong vid because I didn't see any contact to warrant anything. Then, in slow mo you could see his arm sling back and hit the guy in the schnoz. Reckon it was a deliberate tactic used over and over in the AFL to get a player to keep his distance or at least be wary it might be coming. Unlucky it was a direct hit and drew blood. It was not much more than Butters' intentional bitch slap and off the ball snipes he keeps getting away with, yet he ends up with a suspension.

I watched Cameron's tackle a few times. It's in the eye of the beholder, but to me it was as much Duggan's fault as it was Cameron's the way he forced/pulled Cameron on top of himself.

It's a lottery, just like the umpiring. The AFL is ****ed.
Agree with Heeney

Cameron ehh it does look forceful but I think the issue is the head to head clash

Will be interested to see what happens if a superstar from Carlton or another big Vic club does something similar in the first or second week of the finals. Precedent has clearly been set but can almost guarantee it will be ignored come September
Already been proven with Dangerfield getting off

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Non-Crows AFL 10

Back