MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Of course the year we finally get the eagles twice with a game at the mcg is the year they improve significantly lol
It's not that much of a surprise they're playing better. Their past few years have been so ruined by injuries they could barely get a team on the park half the time.

Also will be pretty funny if the Suns have the exact same year they always have.

God Hawthorn are rubbish.
They have a big list turnover ahead of them. As did we not so long ago. I don’t think the club or the coach can be judged until that happens, and it will be slow going.

They have a big list turnover ahead of them. As did we not so long ago. I don’t think the club or the coach can be judged until that happens, and it will be slow going.
The scary part is they’re in year 3 of the rebuild and arguably look worse. They just have no talent coming through, and half the list is lucky to be VFL quality.

The scary part is they’re in year 3 of the rebuild and arguably look worse. They just have no talent coming through, and half the list is lucky to be VFL quality.
Hence the list turnover. It does appear slow though, I’ll give you that.

I think Mitchell is going to be a really good coach but they desperately need more talent.

Massive question marks on why they took Watson so early last year, I know it is extremely early but I don't see why you'd do that considering the other guys still on the draft board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Mitchell is going to be a really good coach but they desperately need more talent.

Massive question marks on why they took Watson so early last year, I know it is extremely early but I don't see why you'd do that considering the other guys still on the draft board.
Their drafting from now is probably going to be make or break on Mitchell’s coaching career, since he is in a position now to influence it.

The Watson pick is a little puzzle. No doubt talented, but an odd pick for a team with some big holes in every line.

I stil reckon Mitchell has to be persevered with for a couple more years yet before anyone declares a fail. He’s currently working with some interesting material

Didn’t Box Hill kill Casey this year? I could be mis-remembering this one, I’m not up to speed on VFL, but that is definitely an exaggeration

I don't think it's as bad as it seems at hawthorn, at their best they can challenge teams. Still need some good draft hauls.

Yeah it's weird - barely a dozen games ago they comfortably beat Collingwood. This year it looks like they've gone a bit backwards - are competitive for patches of games but not really threatening anyone (except Collingwood).

They really should nurse Gunston to game 250 and tell him that's it. Was utterly useless today.

Yeah it's weird - barely a dozen games ago they comfortably beat Collingwood. This year it looks like they've gone a bit backwards - are competitive for patches of games but not really threatening anyone (except Collingwood).

They really should nurse Gunston to game 250 and tell him that's it. Was utterly useless today.
Hard to tell ATM imo they've had some pretty good opposition, but they seem to not be able to stay in games long enough. They definitely need some quality picks, not sure what their drafting has been like last few years. I'll say this they'll be in for some lean years, but it'll never be melbourne 08-14 bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back