Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Love how you go to watch a video clip on AFL.com and they still play ads before it starts like this grubby organisation isn't rolling in cash enough just to offer 30 seconds of content up for free.

Opens the door for heeney to appeal and for it to be downgraded to a fine.

Rankine harsh there...4 weeks ridiculous.

Appears 1 set of rules east of the vic/sa border and those west of it.
Rankine picked the bloke off when he wasn't looking and concussed him.

Going of their guidelines, that's 4 weeks every time.

Opens the door for heeney to appeal and for it to be downgraded to a fine.

Rankine harsh there...4 weeks ridiculous.

Appears 1 set of rules east of the vic/sa border and those west of it.
Sam Darcy's was way worse and only got 2 week .

Then you have Maynard who got off Scott free for a way worse bump that ended a career

Just saw the Heeney one - wasn’t much in that at all. Heeney wasn’t even looking at him.

Suspect they challenge and are successful.
It looked like his jumper was being held and he was just trying knock the hand away .

This is the league giving it a week to look like they care knowing he gets off at the tribunal

I thought the Heeney one looked bizarre in that he look like he was free of Webster but wanted to double back knowing that Webster would look to grapple him and lashed out probably to stop the arms from getting hold of him but got him high.

I don't think it matters he wasn't looking and apparently there is some new interpretation about off ball hits now not being able to be graded as careless.

So I'm keen to see how the AFL wiggle out of this one.

However if they add the potential to injure...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the Heeney one looked bizarre in that he look like he was free of Webster but wanted to double back knowing that Webster would look to grapple him and lashed out probably to stop the arms from getting hold of him but got him high.

I don't think it matters he wasn't looking and apparently there is some new interpretation about off ball hits now not being able to be graded as careless.

So I'm keen to see how the AFL wiggle out of this one.

However if they add the potential to injure...
The Tribunal will downgrade it from Intentional to careless and he will get a fine.
Or just say insufficient force to warrant a report.

Last edited:
It's not over yet. Appeals Board still to go.
That route has been successfully used before.

Edit -
It's over now.
Hard to consider the Brownlow has any future credibility should Heeney win it this year but be ineligible.
Worst outcome would be Neale somehow ending in 2nd place behind him.
If that happened that might be a sufficient trigger for me to give up on AFL entirely, such would a result like that grossly misrepresent the best player this year, as well as Neale's historic standing in the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back