Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Embarrassed at home after finishing top 2

Happy Feel Good GIF

What Geelong do really well that virtually no other clubs do, is recruit mature age players from state leagues

Going all the way back to Posiadly, they’ve taken the likes of Stewart, Atkins, Kelly, Mannagh and Humphries - there’s probably others but that’s just off the top of my head.

Recruit very well from other clubs also. Always have strong, mature bodies

What they haven’t done so well is nail their R1 picks

What Geelong do really well that virtually no other clubs do, is recruit mature age players from state leagues

Going all the way back to Posiadly, they’ve taken the likes of Stewart, Atkins, Kelly, Mannagh and Humphries - there’s probably others but that’s just off the top of my head.

They're reading your post in the commentary box right now.

Agreed

They also don't waste any capital (picks or cap) on rucks

Give him his due he doesn’t barrack for port in his commentary and gets into them when warranted

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'm a Kane fan, his commentary is very good.

I'm also enjoying his pain tonight.

Have never understood why 95% of clubs don't even think to take this road. It's mind boggling

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong are a well run club but they've had a lot of luck along the way. Their original three peat team was propped up by three elite father sons in Scarlett, Ablett and Hawkins. There was also Nathan Ablett early on.

Later on they traded in a range of highly rated players that requested to go there like Dangerfield, Cameron, Stevens, Bruhn etc.

Stengle was a gamble that paid off after being delisted by Adelaide for off field issues. They also got the infamous Bowes salary dump.

It's not all players though they've managed to make it all work for a long time so it's also good coaching and management.

Geelong are a well run club but they've had a lot of luck along the way. Their original three peat team was propped up by three elite father sons in Scarlett, Ablett and Hawkins. There was also Nathan Ablett early on.

Later on they traded in a range of highly rated players that requested to go there like Dangerfield, Cameron, Stevens, Bruhn etc.

Stengle was a gamble that paid off after being delisted by Adelaide for off field issues. They also got the infamous Bowes salary dump.

It's not all players though they've managed to make it all work for a long time so it's also good coaching and management.

Wonder how they can afford it, aye?

We badly need as much of their IP as possible.

Knights didn't work out in that sense but maybe King might be able to deliver.

Hopefully Taylor starts to have an influence about the place as well and/or has more involvement than a part time leadership consultant

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back