Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Odd decision by Joe really. 30 isn’t that old and he is far from cooked. Joe is a polarising player really, bit like how Darling was, at his best he’s elite but he can also go through moments where he is Matt Tabenar. If they’re replacing his spud half with Williams, they also need to go a decent player to replace his good half
Probably doesn't want to drive 3 hours to training multiple times a week.

Bailey Williams was brought up by Josh Jenkins as a possible one on trade radio.
Can play a similar role I guess to a far lesser standard and would be cheapish

They dont have much to trade with unless they trade out players
About the only sensible thing Josh has said. Darling must be pissed he nominated Norf before the reigning premiers and warm weather came calling. O-Mac will have a shoulder reconstruction on Saturday and will need a chop out next year. Bailey and 59 for Dev and their F2.

Kelly and F4 for 27, F2 and Knobel.

Only Hogan and Cameron kicked more goals this year. And Joe adds lots of value up the ground and in the ruck.

Definitely adds a lot as a fwd/ruck, won't dispute that.

I reckon you can put a line through Brisbane going back to back with no Joe.

He is very important to them.

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Logan Morris will be their primary forward target soon enough. Probably makes them a bit less top heavy up forward too - Daniher and Hipwood is a lot of gumby in the one forwardline

Lions considering approaching J.Stringer with a 1 year contract with performance-based extension.

Need to come to an agreement with J.Daniher over a payout so his remaining contract doesn't still impact their 2025 salary cap.

Will not part with more than an early 3rd rounder as a trade offer, preferably from next year.

Also looking at T.Membrey due to his UFA status.

Rumours around of T.Hawkins being contacted, but as far as I know they are completely unfounded.

In addition to pick 18, Brisbane's F2 and F3 are on the market for points this year.

D.Robertson looks more likely to stay than leave, price is a 2R in this year.

J.Prior and J.Tunstill much the same.

K.Lane looks gettable as a ruck option. ZZ is locked away as a possible longer-term successor to the J.Daniher role.

No idea about other players that may be of interest to West Coast.

Lions considering approaching J.Stringer with a 1 year contract with performance-based extension.

Need to come to an agreement with J.Daniher over a payout so his remaining contract doesn't still impact their 2025 salary cap.

Will not part with more than an early 3rd rounder as a trade offer, preferably from next year.

Also looking at T.Membrey due to his UFA status.

Rumours around of T.Hawkins being contacted, but as far as I know they are completely unfounded.

In addition to pick 18, Brisbane's F2 and F3 are on the market for points this year.

D.Robertson looks more likely to stay than leave, price is a 2R in this year.

J.Prior and J.Tunstill much the same.

K.Lane looks gettable as a ruck option. ZZ is locked away as a possible longer-term successor to the J.Daniher role.

No idea about other players that may be of interest to West Coast.
Dev is going to cook his career if he stays at Lions. He'll be done by end of next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then that would indicate he's not very good then, eh?
I'm thinking he's a solid role player but he's not going to get a chance to show it with the amount of talent in Lions midfield. The AFL is pretty unforgiving, once you're delisted it's a low chance that someone else gives you a go.

Conversely, he comes to west coast and gets plenty of games and stays in the team as one of the best 11-23 players (ie role player territory).

Guys like Hutchings or Jones (my avatar) were similar. Could just as easily have missed their chance and been WAFL players instead of AFL premiership players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back