Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Carlton for pick 7 and next years first surely
Depends. Apparently Cerra doesn't like Lyon. So if Lyon coaches there, Cerra theoretically goes somewhere else, and vice versa.

He hasn't specified a club yet. Usually that's because the club is still playing finals, although in this instance Carlton being a cluster**** is probably also a thing.

Depends. Apparently Cerra doesn't like Lyon. So if Lyon coaches there, Cerra theoretically goes somewhere else, and vice versa.

He hasn't specified a club yet. Usually that's because the club is still playing finals, although in this instance Carlton being a clusterfu** is probably also a thing.

Will get interesting because, I suspect, there will be someone out there waiting for the opportunity to law the smackdown on Bell who has been a ruthless bastard. He's not holding many cards and I'm not sure the Freo list is in the position it can take a stance on principle and send Cerra to the PSD (which is the sort of thing the Bell of the last few years would do if what he sees as fair value doesn't come back his way).

Will get interesting because, I suspect, there will be someone out there waiting for the opportunity to law the smackdown on Bell who has been a ruthless bastard. He's not holding many cards and I'm not sure the Freo list is in the position it can take a stance on principle and send Cerra to the PSD (which is the sort of thing the Bell of the last few years would do if what he sees as fair value doesn't come back his way).
I doubt it really. I don't think Cerra's management is going to send him to a club that can't or won't cough up. The PSD threat is more of a joke than a reality.

I doubt it really. I don't think Cerra's management is going to send him to a club that can't or won't cough up. The PSD threat is more of a joke than a reality.

It's happened 2 times in the last few years.

Jack Martin (former number 1 mini draft pick) and that kid now at Adelaide (from GWS) whose name escapes me all of the sudden (was a top 15 pick in the 2018 draft).

It's happened 2 times in the last few years.

Jack Martin (former number 1 mini draft pick) and that kid now at Adelaide (from GWS) whose name escapes me all of the sudden (was a top 15 pick in the 2018 draft).
Jackson Hately. In both cases the decision was made by the original club not to engage in negotiations, but to make it as difficult for the traitor and his new club as possible as a 'head on a pike' style situation for the rest of their playing list that might be thinking about leaving to a club that wouldn't pay. It's not the destination club holding them over a barrel.

Welcome to Carlton for pick 7 and next years first surely
Can’t understanf how any manager would let their player go there. Their development of young talent is as bad as the GC Suns, any talent they have gets burnt out from carrying the rest of the side. Sounds like a toxic place to work.
Surely he goes to the club he supported as a kid (tigers)? Will have pick 9&18 (roughly) which gets it done (with something going back the other way)

He hasn't specified a club yet. Usually that's because the club is still playing finals, although in this instance Carlton being a clusterfu** is probably also a thing.
Another spanner in the Carlton coach recruitment works.

Jackson Hately. In both cases the decision was made by the original club not to engage in negotiations, but to make it as difficult for the traitor and his new club as possible as a 'head on a pike' style situation for the rest of their playing list that might be thinking about leaving to a club that wouldn't pay. It's not the destination club holding them over a barrel.

It's that the point, Freo/Bell will want to set a standard?

In both cases (i.e. Hateley and Martin) the suitor was offering bullshit second round picks and GWS and CG wouldn't deal.

In both cases (i.e. Hateley and Martin) the suitor was offering bullshit second round picks and GWS and CG wouldn't deal.
Freo isn't going to send him to the pre-season draft. Carlton aren't going to walk him there. They will cough up. It might not be two top 10 picks and change, but it'll be decent and they'll accept it.

They offered bullshit picks because they had the PSD as a fallback. No one but North has that this year.

Holy shit if that's true, i am a very happy man

Do you get a player for 10 years or a coach for maybe 5

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo isn't going to send him to the pre-season draft. Carlton aren't going to walk him there. They will cough up. It might not be two top 10 picks and change, but it'll be decent and they'll accept it.

They offered bullshit picks because they had the PSD as a fallback. No one but North has that this year.

It was the player's current club which 'walked' the players to the PSD. In both cases they refused to accept undervalued deals, seeing it as more important to set a standard (whether that achieved anything remains to be seen).

I'm not saying it will happen but I'm not sure I'd want to be calling Bell's bluff if he's asking for 2 first round picks with half a day of trade period to go (and I have less on the table). Does Carlton really want to pay that for Cerra?

It was the player's current club which 'walked' the players to the PSD. In both cases they refused to accept undervalued deals, seeing it as more important to set a standard (whether that achieved anything remains to be seen).

I'm not saying it will happen but I'm not sure I'd want to be calling Bell's bluff if he's asking for 2 first round picks with half a day of trade period to go (and I have less on the table). Does Carlton really want to pay that for Cerra?
Bell is regarded as an expert at extracting value, almost as hArD tO dEaL WiTh as Dodoro. Unlike McCartney & whoever runs GC's recruiting these days.

Bell is regarded as an expert at extracting value, almost as hArD tO dEaL WiTh as Dodoro. Unlike McCartney & whoever runs GC's recruiting these days.

Yep. He's taken it to a whole new level and it hasn't really go attention because the only person that ever seems to cop it is Dodoro/Essendon.

Holy sh*t if that's true, i am a very happy man

Do you get a player for 10 years or a coach for maybe 5

If you're serious as a club you tell that little shit player he is welcome to be a man and come to play for his $600k to $700k a year under the coach you think will deliver premierships or he can **** right off.

It's not even a discussion, if you're acting normally, that is. Who knows what Carlton is doing right now.

Right, but it only gets to that point because the buyer has no reason to fear the PSD - quite the opposite when it delivers a player for free. The seller in turn only makes a stand because the alternative is being unacceptably low-balled.

Carlton are too far back to have recourse to the PSD this year, so they can't rely on lowballing as it will just result in them missing out one way or another. Fremantle are in turn less likely to get aggrieved because the offers will be more compelling.

If it was North, that's another matter.

If you're serious as a club you tell that little sh*t player he is welcome to be a man and come to play for his $600k to $700k a year under the coach you think will deliver premierships or he can fu** right off.

It's not even a discussion, if you're acting normally, that is. Who knows what Carlton is doing right now.

If you're serious as a club you tell that little sh*t player he is welcome to be a man and come to play for his $600k to $700k a year under the coach you think will deliver premierships or he can fu** right off.

Probably signing Cerra's partner up to a $1mil/year Visy ambassadorship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back