Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That screwed us bad and a bit of our overall confidence but in the midfield they controlled and dictated the game. They have some powerful beasts there.
I remember Dixon taking 2 strong marks and kicking goals in 2nd half. May not have happened if Ridley was there coming over the top. But Port going a lot better now than when we played them anyway.

Id say 3 to build into his career, but he's been contributing solidly for the last 2 and a half.
Still taken 5 years to build the strength he has now

The interesting factor will be the bye. Teams are often a little cold coming off the break, hopefully we get a lack-lustre port first up from their spell.
We got Freo over at the west first so I will be interested how we recover from that game into the Port one.

After the West Coast game over there we only just got over North the following week.

Port supporters hate Hinkley so much that they're convinced now that they're winning it's because he is secretly no longer head coach and has nothing to do with match day decisions. Bit QAnon-y for my liking.
Especially since we've actually seen what that looks like with Woosh/Truck. It is visibly obvious that Hinkley is much, much more involved than when Worsfold was lame ducking it.

We got Freo over at the west first so I will be interested how we recover from that game into the Port one.

After the West Coast game over there we only just got over North the following week.
But we had had 3 interstate trips in 4 weeks back then too. And some short breaks given Anzac Day before that. Had to be a bit flat at some point.

Port supporters hate Hinkley so much that they're convinced now that they're winning it's because he is secretly no longer head coach and has nothing to do with match day decisions. Bit QAnon-y for my liking.
Especially since we've actually seen what that looks like with Woosh/Truck. It is visibly obvious that Hinkley is much, much more involved than when Worsfold was lame ducking it.
We used to get it with Bomber/Hird as well

We have had a few tough fixture returns. For the most part they have been for games where I would have put us down for the L anyway… the port game is one of those (despite my ‘post-of-hope’)

After a positive start they destroyed us in the second and third quarters when we played them. Lucky they were inaccurate it was pure domination. Are they a very quick team? as none of our players were getting separation. Nic had a shadow all day (they recognised his elite disposal and I think Merritt was suspended).
Yeh they should’ve won by more, not referring to that. Rather it’ll be a good test to see how well we can play them on our home deck, not a marvel a huge advantage.
Also we will likely have laverde, Durham, wright and and full game for ridley. That’s a huge difference to our structure.

After a positive start they destroyed us in the second and third quarters when we played them. Lucky they were inaccurate it was pure domination. Are they a very quick team? as none of our players were getting separation. Nic had a shadow all day (they recognised his elite disposal and I think Merritt was suspended).
while they did slaughter us i'd say it served as a positive learning experience for each player in the team, but we certainly had a lot to improve on from it even if we only just lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was at the game.

It sent Langford back which destroyed our movement forward.
Yep we would’ve have won if Ridley stayed on. Wright and Laverne back for G game as well. Will be an interesting test

They could win the flag and they’d still want him sacked 😂

What has he said that is wrong there, it’s believed those are the two clubs that are right into him.
just my 2 cents, i don't care for much of what he's said for a long time, but his sliding doors stuff has generally ended up being less insightful than what some geezers at a pub would say

Every club has their nuffy brigade. Sadly they're often the ones who make the most noise.

just my 2 cents, i don't care for much of what he's said for a long time, but his sliding doors stuff has generally ended up being less insightful than what some geezers at a pub would say

Mate it's D-grade stuff, and that's being cruel to D-graders.

Saw this posted elsewhere, wtaf?

View attachment 1714058
Id love to get paid to just post words

What has he said that is wrong there, it’s believed those are the two clubs that are right into him.
The entire construct of that diatribe, forgetting for a moment it has 0% sliding doors about it, is incomprehensible

Yes, he says port and sydney are interested
The rest of it....I'm sure there's a thought process given what i know of human biomechanics, but reading it....it's a struggle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back