Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about it but figured I'd just get a suspension :laughing:
They got itchy trigger fingers over there.
Good Mythical Morning Agree GIF by Rhett and Link

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port’s strategy of drafting thick, multi position utilities that can all mark it and kick the thing an absolute country mile at speed is starting to bear nice fruit.

Makes for great watching to be honest, far better than the Richmond archetype of repeat sprint short people that play like they don’t have opposable thumbs and will probably kick the ball somewhere.

Port’s strategy of drafting thick, multi position utilities that can all mark it and kick the thing an absolute country mile at speed is starting to bear nice fruit.

Makes for great watching to be honest, far better than the Richmond archetype of repeat sprint short people that play like they don’t have opposable thumbs and will probably kick the ball somewhere.
Agree. They are good to watch. I guess the query will be whether that style of football will hold up under more pressure from a Pies or Dees. Cats a couple of gears off their normal selves this year (not that I think we will beat them).

Nice to see Narkle get a game for Port so quick too. Fair effort to break into that side really. Wouldn't have minded him but prefer the Hunter from what I have seen.

We do have some history ending winning streaks. St Kilda in 2009 and Geelong in 2011. Both we had to hang on for dear life after getting out to big leads.
i vividly remember that 2009 game, one of the first i was able to go to where we didn’t lose, a special ****ing game.

one of my favourite along with the 2009 anzac day

Pretty much my ideal style of list build. Spend very little top end draft resources on KPD. Stack mid/forwards with size and mobility.

Can’t wait to play them at the g. Will really show us where we are at.
After a positive start they destroyed us in the second and third quarters when we played them. Lucky they were inaccurate it was pure domination. Are they a very quick team? as none of our players were getting separation. Nic had a shadow all day (they recognised his elite disposal and I think Merritt was suspended).

After a positive start they destroyed us in the second and third quarters when we played them. Lucky they were inaccurate it was pure domination. Are they a very quick team? as none of our players were getting separation. Nic had a shadow all day (they recognised his elite disposal and I think Merritt was suspended).
Merritt definitely played that day. He missed the Collingwood game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back