Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike's stupid/random question of the week: why is it a free if you accidentally hit someone high with a hand while attempting a tackle, but if you accidentally hit them high with your head it's not?

Surely accidental high contact is high contact regardless of body part

Surely both players should get a free? 2 head high contacts, one incident.

Would obviously require an additional football, but imagine the spectacle.

Will Ashcroft has done his ACL.

Hope he makes a full recovery.
Horrible news. Kid's a future star. Question is has he done enough to win the RS?

Will Ashcroft has done his ACL.

Hope he makes a full recovery.
You could tell it was bad when it happened. Post game they already knew going by body language. Club doctors know how the test and are rarely wrong well before scans.

Terrible luck, such a talent. Already looks like a 200 game veteran.

Worst time of the year for it to happen too, pretty much rules him out for next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good result for us. With Rankine done for the year it will be extremely hard for Adelaide to make finals. Could almost put a line through them given the still Have Port and Brisbane at the Gabba.

If North can hold on you'd almost put a line through St Kilda too.

At this point I think we may scrape in with 12 wins.

Surely both players should get a free? 2 head high contacts, one incident.

Would obviously require an additional football, but imagine the spectacle.

That would be great.
I know it sounds stupid, but watching the Dangerfield play with a head clash yesterday, once he elected to tackle the onus shifts to him (rather than both players when going for a ball in dispute) to tackle legally. If his head hits the player with the ball high then he hasn't tackled within the rules and it should be a free kick.
I'm assuming (always dangerous) that there's not actually anything in the Laws of the Game about this, and so it's a rule (or lack of one) based on 'commonsense'.

At this point I think we may scrape in with 12 wins.
What's the point? We've seen a preview of what an EF would look like in the last two weeks. We won't get to 12 wins anyway because Sydney and GWS are playing much better than us. Avoiding humiliation against North and West Coast is our main objective now.

What's the point? We've seen a preview of what an EF would look like in the last two weeks. We won't get to 12 wins anyway because Sydney and GWS are playing much better than us. Avoiding humiliation against North and West Coast is our main objective now.

Not wanting to play finals is just a loser mentality.

**** that.

Get it done Dodo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back