Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

interesting video. i think something that he said right towards the end really highlights my perspective on the all-australian team in general, as well as things like the brownlow.

"stats aren't everything"

i think there were some questionable calls in the all australian team, and i think this video and method does have some crediblity as to selecting the best team possible.

did josh daicos, for example, have a good season? absolutely, but compared to the two selected in this video (guldan & dawson, who both had phenomonal seasons) were realistically better suited than him.

stuff like this is always fun to think about

Something has occurred to me about cases like these.

May or may not have any merit.

Is it possible that cocaine gets effectively stuck in your system for a few days longer than it's supposed to because of the nature of consumption?

I assume it gets caught in mucus which prevents it from being metabolised until that mucus gets swallowed, etc. I reckon it would be pretty common if not guaranteed to have mucus in the upper respiratory tract, for example.

I suppose more players would test positive if it were the case.

Anyone have any idea?
I suspect more players would be sucking the snot out of their teammates nose if this were the case

interesting video. i think something that he said right towards the end really highlights my perspective on the all-australian team in general, as well as things like the brownlow.

"stats aren't everything"

i think there were some questionable calls in the all australian team, and i think this video and method does have some crediblity as to selecting the best team possible.

did josh daicos, for example, have a good season? absolutely, but compared to the two selected in this video (guldan & dawson, who both had phenomonal seasons) were realistically better suited than him.

stuff like this is always fun to think about

Whatever method you use is always going to have some arguments around the edges, but I think the stats one removes a lot of the subjectivity and hype out of the discussion (e.g. Nick Daicos).

I do like how he structures the lines too, e.g.

Half Forward - Key Forward - Attacking Midfielder
Forward Pocket - Key Forward - General Forward

That's probably fairly representative of how forward lines actually look in modern AFL, so for EFC something along the lines of (don't @ me for forgetting someone)

Gresham - Jones / Hunter - Perkins
Menzies - Wright - Langford

A product of drafting bad kids from bad families and public schools.

Adrian Dodoro laughing all the way to the bank

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not a massive shock . There was a bit of a whisper for a National AFL reserves a few years before Covid but obviously it was put on the back burner.
They really should go with a reserves comp but the question is will they increase list size to do it ? They could easily increase the rookie lists and make them proper rookies and extend the primary list by a few for cheaper experienced players. You would probably need 50 players .
An AFL reserves comp would not need a finals series. Run it for the home and away and then those in finals can organize games to suit their needs.

Not a fan of extending the VFL. They have already destroyed it. VFL should go back to a proper comp and be aligned with the Coates League and promoted properly by the AFL as the secondary competition with the VFLW aligned as well. You could have the good under 18 players getting some senior experience like they do in the SANFL and WAFL.

The alignment would be reasonably easy although Ballarat / Bendigo / Wangaratta would need to be added and set up properly which is an issue as Bendigo never got the support last time and Ballarat did well for a while but did not have full local support. Traralgon as the Gippsland side also ha limited support last time around.

GWV Rebels / Ballarat Rebels
Sandringham Dragons / Sandringham Zebras
Northern Knights / Northern Bullants
Calder Cannons / Coburg Lions
Geelong Falcons / Werribee Tigers
Gippsland Power / Casey Scorpions
Dandenong Stingrays / Frankston Dolphins
Bendigo Pioneers / Bendigo Pioneers
Oakleigh Chargers / Port Melbourne (already have an alignment)
Western Jets / Williamstown Seagulls
Murray Bushrangers / Murray Bushrangers (Based in Wangaratta as it is central to Shepperton and Wodonga)
Eastern Ranges / Box Hill Mustangs.

Nice 12 team comp 22 game season but would have to have a decent amount of AFL funding and a decent salary cap . part of the funding may well be paying for TV coverage . Would be much better than the current 4 level VFL comp which has the rich stand alone clubs . The stand alone clubs with no money . The strong aligned clubs and the AFL clubs that are not always playing to win.

Would be a right outcome for the wrong reason type situation.

Eagles are a dumpster fire because they are a dumpster fire, not because of anything to do with the structure or standard of the WAFL

Guy has issues...someone posted this on another forum..weird..
The whole club seems to not be 100% right . There is all the Goodwin stuff and the Glen Bartlett stuff. Not that i am in the know on any of it but there seems to be plenty of smoke. It is fair to say that despite them winning a flag the have certainly under achieved with the players they have had.

Guy has issues...someone posted this on another forum..weird..
that video is just... bizarre.

like of all things to do why the hell is he kicking a wall??

bizarre. there's def some problems within the club that's caused this

The implication from things we have heard is that Goodwin is a drug user who knuckled down and won a flag

Not surprising that it then shows up in the playing group

I say this as an occasional recreational drug user. Not demonizing it but I don’t think it helps you win flags.

The implication from things we have heard is that Goodwin is a drug user who knuckled down and won a flag

Not surprising that it then shows up in the playing group

I say this as an occasional recreational drug user. Not demonizing it but I don’t think it helps you win flags.
whats your poison?

hehe - Goodwins trying to demonise it

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back