Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Closing in on the 12 month anniversary of everyone insisting Esava was worth more at the trade table than Zerk-Thatcher.

A most auspicious day

What a find Mannagh has been. Kicked three but also two others that were marked by Stengel and Close that would’ve been certain goals. Knows football

who’s been better tonight? i reckon BZT

Zerk has probably done all that he reasonably could in the circumstances. Neale hasn’t really done anything.

Sav has first of all been excised out of the backline in favour of someone that wasn’t on their list 3 months ago and has one kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Value of a Covid year and never playing any nab league, even in his underage year

I think they've cracked the code and can teach players to be quality footballers. It's not the theory, that's the easy part, but it's likely got something to do with asking players to play very specific roles in an environment in which there is someone who knows exactly what he needs to do, and who is able to do it, on every side of the new guy. It must make being a Geelong player so straight forward, certainly compared to being an Essendon player.

It's hard to believe that Perkins, who I do not accept has less raw ability than Holmes, wouldn't be in the midst of a different career trajectory if he was in the hoops.

I don't rate Port so I don't really have a feel for what this thrashing means but you've got Bowes (remember when Geelong was struggling to convince the industry that it wanted Bowes as much as it wanted the draft pick), Mannagh and I think Bruhn (who's caught my eye for the first time) joining Miers, Holmes and Close to add another layer of players who can get it done when it matters.

You have to back them turning the likes of Knevitt, Bruhn and Clarke into quality players. Henry and Dempsey might already be that. I really like Neale as a KPF. Conway is a gun ruck waiting in the wings, something like the physical version of Nick Bryan at 206-208cm. SDK isn't playing tonight and he's 23. O'Sullivan's a high pick you can probably pencil in at CHB in the next to 18 months. Humphreys and Mullin. It's becoming sickening.

Whatever happens this year it's the Geelong team of 2026 I'm scared of. Particularly if Cameron is still getting around.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back