Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Genuinely super keen for the footy tonight. I love the way the Hawks are playing but Sam Mitchell is a foot fungus, so go Dogs
Sadly I think the weather will help the Hawks given how tall the Dogs forward line is. As much as you can rely on the forecast, it looks like it'll be worse case wet, best case slippery. Hope I'm wrong.

If watching finals hasn't burnt the players too deeply over the last many years I'm not sure what's going to change this year.

It's a classic "Essendon Nothing" piece of fluff designed to appeal to fools.

It harkens back to when Sheedy made the playing group attend the 1999 GF and then they all went to a restaurant and the 2000 premiership campaign began then.

If the playing group have watched any finals football over the past 2 decades they should realise that what they are bringing in terms of effort is not sufficient. Don't get what pushing this tired crap out again does except for remind the fans that once again we've been let down and hoodwinked.

1725593890564.png

Last edited:
I agree. We have spent a lot of time playing Perkins and Cox at AFL level for development rather than at VFL level. It comes from the desperation for results that keeps building.
Then a percentage of our supporters blow a gasket when we don’t improve and start looking to trade players like Hobbs because he is playing out of position at AFL level.
At various stages Chris Scott has been accused of playing the senior guys too much as well but they manage to balance it out.
I remember Bomber used to advocate getting as many games into young players as possible.

He'd say that they did it with Bartel, Chapman etc and needed to do it with Melksham, Carlisle etc. so that the young core had 50 games as soon as possible.

Which approach do you think is best?

I remember Bomber used to advocate getting as many games into young players as possible.

He'd say that they did it with Bartel, Chapman etc and needed to do it with Melksham, Carlisle etc. so that the young core had 50 games as soon as possible.

Which approach do you think is best?
Some are ready so they play. I have no issues if they are playing in a spot they can play. It is the situations like Perkins and Cox where you are trying to teach a new position at AFL level that I question.

you're a bigger person than me when it comes to the Hawks and Sam Mitchell.

Envy, resentment and bad memories of Jobe's medal being given to SM and him miming injections on field invariably surface when I hear people praising their resurrection and good management. Childish I know, but their success this year makes me want to stick my fingers in my ears to block it all out.

GWS on the other hand...
I’m right there with you

I’ll never forgive that little slug. Never.

Hawthorn get the most frees inside forward fifty I believe due to their duckers.

Let's see what happens when

A: they have the primetime umpires, not the Sunday scraps who make more mistakes.

B: It is a final so they "let the boys play"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dog Fun GIF
Let’s go pups !

The Ducking Cup, Weightman v Ginivan.
Both very good players but, they're a blight on our game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back