Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd love to muster some sympathy for North, but since they have an entire thread dedicated to digging their boots into my football club.

F**k'em
I don't have any sympathy for them but it would have been nice to see Collingwood lose.

Not quite 69 norf,you absolute d/heads.
Sick Cough GIF by Debby Ryan

Wish our small forwards were half as good as Bobby Hill.
I was thinking the same thing re a key forward who can take a contested grab whilst watching GWS in the next game. If we had a hill type and a hogan/riccardi the dynamics of our attack would be completely changed.

But at the end of the day when we were keen on Hill I recall a number of people here being naysayers because he had only shown a few small signs of the player he has become at that point and wasnt getting much of a go at the Giants. Goes to show not every young guy is a "plug and play" type and we have to show a bit of patience with the Daveys/Caddy/Jones.

Hopefully we can get Stengle to fill the small forward hole in the meantime but dont think theres any ready to go contested mark type key forwards on the market.

It's just so absurd how mids like Warner and Heeney have 22 and 21 goals respectively in 13 games. The best player in the comp in Bont has 22 goals in 14 games in an amazing season. Teams are lucky to have one, but two mids capable of hitting the scoreboard like that? Not to mention Gulden himself is also very capable and has 9 goals so far.

Carlton's highest is Cripps with 10 goals in 13. Ours is Merrett with 8. Lipinski has 12, Daicos has 10, Petracca has 14.

Can't compete with that.
I don't think it's too absurd when you consider how hard those guys run and carry from the back, and when their backs deliver by foot, how hard they will have run to get forward and create options. The SCG is tiny. It facilitates them. They kick a lot of goals.

I want to see them on the MCG against a team that spreads quickly and well and is excellent by foot. Geelong ain't what they used to be 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's too absurd when you consider how hard those guys run and carry from the back, and when their backs deliver by foot, how hard they will have run to get forward and create options. The SCG is tiny. It facilitates them. They kick a lot of goals.

I want to see them on the MCG against a team that spreads quickly and well and is excellent by foot. Geelong ain't what they used to be 🙄
Warner kicked 3 goals and Heeney kicked 2.2 in game against Collingwood at the MCG. Heeney kicked 2 against Richmond. Heeney kicked 3 against Hawthorn and Warner kicked 1.

7 of Heeney’s 21 goals came at the MCG. Warner’s a little less with 4 but he went up another level the past 7 weeks than the beginning of the year.

They just have too many avenues to goal to compete

Warner kicked 3 goals and Heeney kicked 2.2 in game against Collingwood at the MCG. Heeney kicked 2 against Richmond. Heeney kicked 3 against Hawthorn and Warner kicked 1.

7 of Heeney’s 21 goals came at the MCG. Warner’s a little less with 4 but he went up another level the past 7 weeks than the beginning of the year.

They just have too many avenues to goal to compete
Wow. That is absurd.

Any announcement from the AFL yet re the umpiring in the Pies v North game? THey were in such a rush to say the Draper call was wrong and the Max King free last week was wrong, wonder why theyre being coy today :think:

Any announcement from the AFL yet re the umpiring in the Pies v North game? THey were in such a rush to say the Draper call was wrong and the Max King free last week was wrong, wonder why theyre being coy today :think:
Yeah they ticked it off.

Umpire should've called play on.

Yeah but they didn't and 2 Collingwood players were over the mark.
Collingwood love fest continues
You could equally argue if they'd paid the 50 that Collingwood were hard done by.

Even not calling play on gave North another chance to attack they shouldn't have had.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back