Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

I didnt see anything in the BZT incident, I think its getting alot of traction now because Heeney supporters are claiming its the same act (even Buckley/Jono Brown were trying to say it on On the Couch but Lyon shut them down pretty well).
But BZT was just sticking his arm out to get touch on Naughton, Naughton ran into his arm and there wasnt a swinging arm motion. In Heeneys Incident he swings his arm back with force to break a hold so its deemed a strike.
Im more concerned with Naughton being so easily knocked out from such light contact, thats a worrying sign.

I didnt see anything in the BZT incident, I think its getting alot of traction now because Heeney supporters are claiming its the same act (even Buckley/Jono Brown were trying to say it on On the Couch but Lyon shut them down pretty well).
But BZT was just sticking his arm out to get touch on Naughton, Naughton ran into his arm and there wasnt a swinging arm motion. In Heeneys Incident he swings his arm back with force to break a hold so its deemed a strike.
Im more concerned with Naughton being so easily knocked out from such light contact, thats a worrying sign.
agree with this, but concussions can be fickle in nature. some people can run into a pole and not show symptoms or signs of a concussion, and others can have a slight bump and it'll cause some serious symptoms.

I wonder if this was more an F you to everybody from the AFL than it is about the act

It was about enforcing a rule and then an appeals board throwing out an appeal that raised no errors in law.

There is no message being sent apart from that

hopefully anyone who still thinks we should have challenged the Redman one will accept that Essendon was right not to waste the money or time

I wonder if this was more an F you to everybody from the AFL than it is about the act

the AFL's part in this was to find Heeney guilty of a charge, and then when he appealed the charge, it was to argue in favour of the charge in front of the independent tribunal and when they was successful in doing that and the Swans appealed again, their part was again further argue in favour of the charge in front of the AFL Appeal Board. there's no F you from the AFL.

now if they release a press statement declaring glorious victory, that would be a **** you. and if in the off-season, the AFL looks at making it harder to appeal, I dare say this nonsensical appeal to the Appeals Board and the Crows stupid appeal to the Tribunal for the Rankine one, would maybe also be a stuff you

Difference in points between 3rd and 10th on the ladder after 16 matches:

2024 - 6
2023 - 16
2022 - 16
2021 - 18
2020 - 14
2019 - 12
2018 - 8
2017 - 12
2016 - 16
2015 - 14
2014 - 16
2013 - 24
2012 - 16
2011 - 14
2010 - 20
2009 - 12
2008 - 22

So we’re finishing 11th? Yay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i did like Sydney’s teen-angst ridden defence:

“The Swans argued that Tuesday's finding was "so unreasonable that no Tribunal acting reasonably could come to that decision"

Makes me feel all icky inside but I think we need to barrack for Carlton tomorrow.
dont you put that evil on me GIF

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back