Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

At the end of the day we probably have to win every game to make sure of it and that is for every team from now. There could be some crazy results.

Normally the top 5 or 6 are completely locked in by now.

Our soft losses are going to haunt us IMO but what an exciting few weeks ahead.

Dunno if I’m late to the party…but just did the ladder predictor for the first time…

There are some wild swings that can happen with teams going from 3rd to 9th during the last round.

Of course if Dons will all 4 they could finish as high as 4th…LOL

It is so tight this year…no one is locked in

14 wins might see you out of the finals.

14 wins might see you out of the finals.
Bring in the play in round 7 v 10 8 v 9 top 6 get the bye . Will not be everyone's cup of tea for sure but I do not mind it :)

At the end of the day we probably have to win every game to make sure of it and that is for every team from now. There could be some crazy results.

Normally the top 5 or 6 are completely locked in by now.

Our soft losses are going to haunt us IMO but what an exciting few weeks ahead.
If we beat Freo and Pies beat the Blues it’s fully ‘cat amongst the pigeons’ time.

Bring in the play in round 7 v 10 8 v 9 top 6 get the bye . Will not be everyone's cup of tea for sure but I do not mind it :)

Or just have all 16 teams in the finals. 1st vs 16th. 2nd vs 15th etc. And every game is an elimination. Finals run for 4 weeks.

And then when Tassie comes in the 17th team can miss out. Sorry Norf.

Edit: Lol, I must have ben stuck in the past, just remembered that there's 18 teams! Bottom 2 can miss for now, and bottom 3 when Tassie come in...

Last edited:
idk why people are surprised that gold coast lost. they can't travel and having mcgovern coming in troubles every team.

And it's not like West Coast are pushovers at home. They almost beat us when we were playing well.

West Coast did have one of their better nights. Kelly was slick as, Ginbey was tough in the air and on the ground, their older forwards played like their better years where they rarely missed, Waterman plays like a power forward from the 90s, McGovern was outmarking Mac Andrew. West Coast lost to Brisbane by a couple of goals a fortnight ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fun game.

one thing that was extremely apparent to me was that nick larkey rarely tries to kick the shit out of the ball. he loses distance on kicks but he’s extremely accurate because he almost needs up carefully poking it through. might be something for our forwards to consider

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back