Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

TDK. I rate him as second to Cripps in importance to the Blues.

He was the single reason they beat us.
Mate, anybody who has Weitering below #1 for the Blues is crazy. Their defence is bottom 6 level with him in, let alone without.

Also TDK is not an A Grader. A Grade talent, yeah, but Darcy, Jackson, Briggs, Gawn, Xerri, Marshall and Grundy are all still ahead for me.

Happy My Song GIF by Justin

PEDRO PEDRO PED!

What a ledge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if Geelong people will treat Chris Scott as shabbily as Essendon "people" treated Sheedy?

Then threw him away because Knights was a better option? Or was anyone not called Kevin Sheedy the better option?
Knights was certainly not the option I would have gone with. It did seem at the time though that he was picked as a guy that could be 'sacrificed' while they worked out who they wanted next.

By 2006 you could see that the game had evolved away from Sheedy. He was trying to play mid-90s football in a new world.

And back Sheedy instead of looking for that ever elusive shiny new toy that will take us to the promised land?
No way. Sheedy should have gone at the end of the prvious contract. He had run his race then and wasted our time with a line of average top up players between 2003 and 2005.

Mate, anybody who has Weitering below #1 for the Blues is crazy. Their defence is bottom 6 level with him in, let alone without.

Also TDK is not an A Grader. A Grade talent, yeah, but Darcy, Jackson, Briggs, Gawn, Xerri, Marshall and Grundy are all still ahead for me.
Yeah, fair call.

Still think he is in the top 6 for the Blues. Wasn't comparing to other players on a skill level was more what his value is to HIS team.

Blues fell off the cliff when he was injured. Brings others into the game.

last night showed that the gap from 8th to 5th is to large and a wildcard round will not work. I get the commercial marketing the AFL love$, why decrease the value of the product for $ome extra dollar$

Yes, up to a dozen teams were still in the hint late into the season, make sure this is the case for 3 0 5 consecutive seasons before pulling the punch on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back