Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Why?

He's won them 3 Premierships, a Brownlow, and a Norm Smith.

He's clearly 'done' as a Richmond player.

What more do they need?
I doubt he'll be getting paid mega bucks so given he's an unrestricted FA it'll be compo based, and given the AFL formula is water tight and completely not made up to suit any scenario, pretty sure Richmond will be getting betting a 1st round pick, if not 2 or 3 of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?

He's won them 3 Premierships, a Brownlow, and a Norm Smith.

He's clearly 'done' as a Richmond player.

What more do they need?
If he loves his old club so much he couldve been honest about his desire to move north and let them work out a trade with the suns instead of this fake retirement so Suns can pick him up for nothing.

If he loves his old club so much he couldve been honest about his desire to move north and let them work out a trade with the suns instead of this fake retirement so Suns can pick him up for nothing.

He's getting traded for a token pick, Richmond will have a raft of high picks. It's pretty meaningless IMO.

I doubt he'll be getting paid mega bucks so given he's an unrestricted FA it'll be compo based, and given the AFL formula is water tight and completely not made up to suit any scenario, pretty sure Richmond will be getting betting a 1st round pick, if not 2 or 3 of them.

UFA means no compo I'm pretty sure, only a DFA attracts compo?

edit: confusing DFA and RFA

Last edited:
UFA means no compo I'm pretty sure, only a DFA attracts compo?

edit: confusing DFA and RFA
No, all free agent movements are assessed as to whether they attract compensation based on the value of the new contract. Unrestricted free agents are outside the highest paid players at the old club or they have served 10 years at one club.

Richmond would get compensation from the AFL if his new contract with GC is worth enough, although that's unlikely Richmond could get anything better than a 4th round pick.

I appreciate this smart arsery.
thank you. it was legit one of the first thing i thought of when he retired. will forever be one of my favourite dockers tbh. gained the nickname wayne (carey) after his first preseason as mcpharlin and pavlich found it weird he would occasionally turn into carey.

then would also be one of the most stupid players on the footy field. plus a real weird unit offield. giving sean darcy the nickname onions cause he thought it was funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back