Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

In NZ so didn’t see the last quarter until this morn

But Joe Daniher take a bow. I’ve dissed him a lot for how he just refused to show up for us near the end (and I still believe at stages opted to not play when he was actually ok)

But that was a clutch performance few could match. The last grab with Taylor wearing him like a glove. Who else in the comp is taking that? And the straight drop punts. He must have mastered a lot of internal garbage, to be able to do that.

Giants went too defensive too early last week against the Swans. With over 7mins left they were playing slow and trying to waste time.

Did it again last night although last night in 3rd qtr they put their feet up when 44 points ahead. Woke up and scored last three goals of that quarter. Then last qtr again went tentative like Swans game last week.

When Lions moved it faster they looked so much better. Reckon they’ll beat Cats on the G

Geelong will be the winners IMO.

Port haven't lost to Sydney since 2016, but 119 will be threatened if they make the GF to play Geelong. If Brisbane somehow beat Geelong, then they'll beat Port quite easily as well.

Sydney are a better chance to win, but only against Brisbane. Geelong will probably comfortably beat them. I don't want Sydney anywhere near the premiership anyway.

He is the most complete player I have seen in football.

Barring IQ, he is as talented (physically) as any player I can remember, Can run, jump, take a big mark, crumb a goal, lace out on the run, ruck (least skilful skill) but has everything else.

IF he wasn't dumb as dog shit he could be spoken about in same breath as Franklin. I tried to die on this hill way back when on the main board but imbeciles just didn't get it

Daniher has all the physical tools to be the best forward in the game, every bit as talented as Buddy, but Buddy worked a lot harder than he was ever really given credit for to be as good as he was.

Ok Cats win last week was super impressive. But 2 weeks before that they lost to Saints and Saints had 27 scoring shots to 19 for the Cats. Before that won close ones against Freo and Crows. Slaughtered by the Dogs couple of weeks before that.

Don’t get why people so convinced that they’re almost shoe ins?!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Daniher has all the physical tools to be the best forward in the game, every bit as talented as Buddy, but Buddy worked a lot harder than he was ever really given credit for to be as good as he was.
Also, Buddy lived and breathed footy 24/7. he watched every game he could too. Porbably helped mindset.

Good luck to Joe. Fishbowl and the Daniher name too much to bear with us. He is loving footy and life up there. What is not to like.

Joe could be the difference in this finals series. The loss to the Pies will be a super motivator for Lions too IMO.

But Joe Daniher take a bow. I’ve dissed him a lot for how he just refused to show up for us near the end (and I still believe at stages opted to not play when he was actually ok)

But that was a clutch performance few could match. The last grab with Taylor wearing him like a glove. Who else in the comp is taking that? And the straight drop punts. He must have mastered a lot of internal garbage, to be able to do that.

Joe definitely sparks up for finals so lucky for him he moved on.

I feel like we’ve let Sammy “arsehat” Mitchell off a bit lightly here. Surely there’s more shitposting to go…

Yesterday - Sammy crying foul -
“We have a very young player who was having some very aggressive words said to him by a much older man, who’s been in the game for a long time.“

Earlier in the season - he abuses his own… soooo much worse.
IMG_2129.jpeg
Mitchell confronted the 90-game defender and appeared to drop a number of F-bombs in his direction as he thrust his iPad towards him to make his point.

probably hogan lol, both have vice grips

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back