Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like we’ve let Sammy “arsehat” Mitchell off a bit lightly here. Surely there’s more shitposting to go…

Yesterday - Sammy crying foul -
“We have a very young player who was having some very aggressive words said to him by a much older man, who’s been in the game for a long time.“

Earlier in the season - he abuses his own… soooo much worse.
View attachment 2111574
Mitchell confronted the 90-game defender and appeared to drop a number of F-bombs in his direction as he thrust his iPad towards him to make his point.
Mitchell made it sound like it was an act of child abuse. He’s still a dick head

Ok Cats win last week was super impressive. But 2 weeks before that they lost to Saints and Saints had 27 scoring shots to 19 for the Cats. Before that won close ones against Freo and Crows. Slaughtered by the Dogs couple of weeks before that.

Don’t get why people so convinced that they’re almost shoe ins?!!

A few reasons come to mind:

1. Geelong has form over these teams especially in Melbourne.
2. Dogs and Aints? Shit happens to everyone this season. Aints would probably win the flag if the season was played at Marvel that was Geelongs only game at Marvel.
3. They're getting players back - Stewart,SDK, Guthrie and Hawkins.
4. I don't think they're a shoe in, but they're in a very good position especially since a lot of kids have come on(nudge, nudge, Brad!) to help Danger, Jez etc

Lastly, I personally want Geelong or Brisbane to win the flag. So, I am probably blind to some Geelong criticism.
I can't stand the thought of those coat-hanger campaigners or Kochie's whining shit bags winning.

For such a talent riddled team, with the ongoing reach-around from the AFL, I cannot believe how mentally weak the Giants are. Also, that crowd was dismally low. Finals in non-football states are such soulless affairs, in general.

For such a talent riddled team, with the ongoing reach-around from the AFL, I cannot believe how mentally weak the Giants are. Also, that crowd was dismally low. Finals in non-football states are such soulless affairs, in general.
expected though. it's going to take decades before it compares to other football states

I feel like we’ve let Sammy “arsehat” Mitchell off a bit lightly here. Surely there’s more shitposting to go…

Yesterday - Sammy crying foul -
“We have a very young player who was having some very aggressive words said to him by a much older man, who’s been in the game for a long time.“

Earlier in the season - he abuses his own… soooo much worse.
View attachment 2111574
Mitchell confronted the 90-game defender and appeared to drop a number of F-bombs in his direction as he thrust his iPad towards him to make his point.
We still have two weeks of this season, all the off season and then all of preseason to shitpost the little Oompa Loompa, injecting asshat. Then new season starts and
We shitpost the horrid little turd again.

$20,000 for Ken having a bit of fun. Had the world gone mad? i remember when that cost was reserved for calling an umpire a dirty stinking cheat

In NZ so didn’t see the last quarter until this morn

But Joe Daniher take a bow. I’ve dissed him a lot for how he just refused to show up for us near the end (and I still believe at stages opted to not play when he was actually ok)

But that was a clutch performance few could match. The last grab with Taylor wearing him like a glove. Who else in the comp is taking that? And the straight drop punts. He must have mastered a lot of internal garbage, to be able to do that.
Great kicking, under pressure, but the free kick that lead to the first was terrible.

I don't really go in for the 'hating' of teams, it just doesn't interest me - but, man, Port have some of the smuggest flogs I've ever seen together in one team. Their coach obviously sets that standard. They got spanked week 1, then fell in at home vs a team that finished 7th. Stay humble Port.

Daniher has all the physical tools to be the best forward in the game, every bit as talented as Buddy, but Buddy worked a lot harder than he was ever really given credit for to be as good as he was.
revisionist history. buddy spent the better part of ten years being accused of living the rockstar life, was involved in off-field indecency that surpasses anything daniher has even been associated with (loving music and a beer). buddy was receiving of everything joe has been accused of and far worse (wasn't he a supposed coke addict on 2 strikes for 5 years? missing games due to self-declaring?). i'm not saying any of that is true but the idea that buddy was some head down role model of hard work is nonsense.

buddy was also significantly more 'talented'. people stretch joe's talents but forget how ludicrous peak buddy was. buddy also never had to chop out ruck consistently.

Last edited:
$20,000 for Ken having a bit of fun. Had the world gone mad? i remember when that cost was reserved for calling an umpire a dirty stinking cheat
Like how people wear wizard hats or do the blues brothers theme wonder if a massive section of us wear an aeroplane prop when we come up against Ginnivan will the AFL, James Sicily and Sam Mitchell be offended?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How did Harris Andrews not get cited??

I imagine there would be confusion as to what really hurt Coniglio. I think it was the collision with Cadman that hurt his cheek. They were checking his ribs it seemed too. Andrews did hit him high in the neck area with elbows and although it didn't look extremely forceful it was deliberate. If Andrews was wearing black and red....

How much was Clarkson fined for calling players homophobic slurs?
20K. Same as jason mccartney last week. Pretty clearly they've got 20K as a base for coach and staff misconduct and now they've got themselves into a place where 3 wildly different incidents all have the same fine because they're not prepared to call one out as being worse than the others even though one obviously is...

coz despite what people love to say, the MRO does not been ban solely based on injury and there's nothing in that incident

Oh Fine! Here is one from me.

View attachment 2112110
I’m hoping that when we play Hawthorn next a group of us sitting near the opposition bench bring the tissue boxes and present them to Mitchell as he goes past. It won’t negate the jab jab mock he sent our way but it would go some way towards making me feel better.

I’m hoping that when we play Hawthorn next a group of us sitting near the opposition bench bring the tissue boxes and present them to Mitchell as he goes past. It won’t negate the jab jab mock he sent our way but it would go some way towards making me feel better.
Then if they win he'll give you that smug/shit eating grin combo he does so well, deliver a covert little jab that somehow avoids all cameras and be on his way feeling very superior, meanwhile you'll be left trying to swallow the bile you feel rising from the pit of your stomach.

Then if they win he'll give you that smug/shit eating grin combo he does so well, deliver a covert little jab that somehow avoids all cameras and be on his way feeling very superior, meanwhile you'll be left trying to swallow the bile you feel rising from the pit of your stomach.
I’ll have left by then anyway.

most "hard men" tend to be.

you won't see brayden maynard acting tough towards someone his size

FTR the Essendon player that Campbell Brown bitch-slapped after his boundary-line theatrics was big, bad Little Angus Monfries.

****ing fraud of a hard man.

Don't forget Campbell Brown was sacked by Gold Coast after he punched out his teammate Steven May. He gave him a broken jaw after they got into a blue outside of a night-club in LA. A piss poor act by Brown, but I'd like to see you guys take on Steven May in a street brawl!

I loved Browny during his early years at Hawthorn. He was never the sharpest tool in the shed, but he did some of the most insanely courageous acts I have ever seen: fearsome attacks on the ball, backing into packs, playing with injuries, etc...

He also made a bad reputation for himself as a sniper with a series of elbows, strikes, bumps. He regularly went after the opposition, liked to throw his weight around and never shirked from the physical contest. Whether you like it or not... he WAS a hard man.

I know you guys like to giggle about his WWE-style posing in the 2009 game and the pointless slap he gave to Monfries. But this occurred after part-time boxer, Nathan Lovett-Murray clobbered him with an overhand right during the Q3 brawl. I don't think Brown was thinking too clearly after that!!! 🤣

Bottom line, Browny was an underrated footballer before the accumulated injuries caught up with him and his body fell apart. He was 2007 All Australian when he played as an undersized 5'10" CHB and he took on (and beat) all the gun CHFs.

He was a key member of the 2008 premiership team. He kicked an incredible 60m goal in the GF before he was swung back to CHB on 195cm Cam Mooney after Trent Crowd went off with a broken foot.

Last edited:
Don't forget Campbell Brown was sacked by Gold Coast after he punched out his teammate Steven May. He gave him a broken jaw after they got into a blue outside of a night-club in LA. A piss poor act by Brown, but I'd like to see you guys take on Steven May in a street brawl!

I loved Browny during his early years at Hawthorn. He was never the sharpest tool in the shed, but he did some of the most insanely courageous acts I have ever seen: fearsome attacks on the ball, backing into packs, playing with injuries, etc...

He also made a bad reputation for himself as a sniper with a series of elbows, strikes, bumps. He regularly went after the opposition, liked to throw his weight around and never shirked from the physical contest. Whether you like it or not... he WAS a hard man.

I know you guys like to giggle about his WWE-style posing in the 2009 game and the pointless slap he gave to Monfries. But this occurred after part-time boxer, Nathan Lovett-Murray clobbered him with an overhand right during the Q3 brawl. I don't think Brown was thinking too clearly after that!!! 🤣

Bottom line, Browny was an underrated footballer before the accumulated injuries caught up with him and his body fell apart. He was 2007 All Australian when he played as an undersized 5'10" CHB and he took on (and beat) all the gun CHFs.

He was a key member of the 2008 premiership team. He kicked an incredible 60m goal in the GF before he was swung back to CHB on 195cm Cam Mooney after Trent Crowd went off with a broken foot.
Oh ok

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back