Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Zach Reid, meet Noah Answerth.

"Injuries impacted the defender's AFL career even before he was even drafted to the Brisbane club.

He suffered a broken back in a marking contest in his Under 18 season, and has since had 11 screws in his face, missed a whole season with a groin injury, been impacted by concussions and needed shoulder reconstructions.

It is why last year, at the end of his fifth year as a full-time professional footballer, he thought his career was at a crossroads.

"I played four games last year and three as sub … I popped my shoulder out last year and had to get surgery and I sort of was coming out of contract and I knew I'd already had a few injuries and wasn't sure if I was going to break my way back into the AFL side.""

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-09...d&utm_campaign=abc_news_app&utm_content=other

Pretty sure the marking contest was against Jaidyn Stephenson.

daniher, win , lose or draw, looking to retire ? Had a chance to vent on him 4-5 weeks ago. Was out at tulla to pick mum up from a trip. Was in the 5 min pick up section, and there he was approaching, I’m thinking, here we go, I can say my piece. Didn’t do it,he was carrying his daughter, wife by the side. Chickened out or showed respect ?
That surname is absolute royalty @ Essendon.

daniher, win , lose or draw, looking to retire ? Had a chance to vent on him 4-5 weeks ago. Was out at tulla to pick mum up from a trip. Was in the 5 min pick up section, and there he was approaching, I’m thinking, here we go, I can say my piece. Didn’t do it,he was carrying his daughter, wife by the side. Chickened out or showed respect ?
That surname is absolute royalty @ Essendon.
Yeah, I have a bevy of missed opportunities:
  • Scomo on a plane
  • Tony Abbott in a pub in Alice Srings
  • Kane Cornes in Tula lounge
  • The guy who was Kon the Fruitier - at woolies shopping for fruit … at a mass market supermarket … fruitrator

In hind sight, glad I didn’t.

Like Daniher, even though I have no respect, they are their own person with their personal perspectives driving them to do what they think is right and don’t deserve the in the face abuse*.

* I still boo Sam Mitchell every time he’s present… because he’s a back-to-front

Ok, I regret the Cornes one… just couldn’t think anything funny & cutting in the moment.

Yeah, I have a bevy of missed opportunities:
  • Scomo on a plane
  • Tony Abbott in a pub in Alice Srings
  • Kane Cornes in Tula lounge
  • The guy who was Kon the Fruitier - at woolies shopping for fruit … at a mass market supermarket … fruitrator

In hind sight, glad I didn’t.

Like Daniher, even though I have no respect, they are their own person with their personal perspectives driving them to do what they think is right and don’t deserve the in the face abuse*.

* I still boo Sam Mitchell every time he’s present… because he’s a back-to-front

Ok, I regret the Cornes one… just couldn’t think anything funny & cutting in the moment.
I had my dodoro moment, ****ing hell, 15 years ago. I have discussed it in the clowns own thread. The angrier he got, the calmer I remained, and it escalated.

I had my dodoro moment, ****ing hell, 15 years ago. I have discussed it in the clowns own thread. The angrier he got, the calmer I remained, and it escalated.
Now that’s an intriguing story… Will you share more??? Or roughly when was it in his thread so I can enjoy???

Now that’s an intriguing story… Will you share more??? Or roughly when was it in his thread so I can enjoy???
It’s in there somewhere. He got that triggered he chased me around here and Blitz. Enormous melt.

I never believe word of footballers retiring early cos they feel like it, there’s no other way for the rest of his life he’s earning $1m a year.

Even if he does, I’d be almost certain he’ll come back 12 months later.

The money always wins out.
Joe is a bit of a different cat.

Dodoro chased you on here?
Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Brett Eldredge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, usually that’s what gets pointed out.

I’ve got no doubt he doesn’t really like footy.

But it’s always the money.
I agree but if anyone was going to surpise people with an early retirement, it is Joe.

It is not the first time he has thought about retiring.

It is hilarious.
Much better in the moment. Flashing on ground accreditation, calling security, small crowd gathering. Using the immortal “ do you know who I am” line. The angrier he got the calmer I remained.

Much better in the moment. Flashing on ground accreditation, calling security, small crowd gathering. Using the immortal “ do you know who I am” line. The angrier he got the calmer I remained.
It's a trophy.

Loook like he is out now and Sheeds is on the way out too so maybe we will get the much needed change.

Some dickhead on tv just said that he wants Joe to get the Norm Smith to stick it up all the Essendon fans who used to boo him when he was playing with them.

View attachment 2124117
funny enough, I’d really like to see it. It would serve the nuffies right for booing!

Surely you have a soft spot for the lions these days Rask?

funny enough, I’d really like to see it. It would serve the nuffies right for booing!

Surely you have a soft spot for the lions these days Rask?
Yep. My second team. Definitely barracking for them today. I actually don't mind the Swans either so that will be some consolation if they lose.

I won't mind seeing Joe get the Norm Smith but were our supporters really booing him when he was playing for us? I can't remember that.

Yep. My second team. Definitely barracking for them today. I actually don't mind the Swans either so that will be some consolation if they lose.

I won't mind seeing Joe get the Norm Smith but were our supporters really booing him when he was playing for us? I can't remember that.
I can't remember it either although it would not surprise me.

I've seen Salmon and Stanton getting booed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back