Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Lot of love for Joe, I can’t really get around it.

All about how “he’s walked out on a huge contract” like it’s totally selfless.

I mean, they pay him for a reason. He is part of the team and they need him to be at their best.

What is wrong with, ya know, fulfilling the contract you signed?

They’ve got a flag to win next year, just like many other clubs.

Brisbane will be absolutely spewing. Loved walking out on a contract.
It is a job for him Bunk. Like anyone in any job, he doesn't have to be there if he doesn't want to be there. He gets to set his own agenda, not us or the football club.

It would probably be worse if he stayed and his heart was not in it.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/10...t-in-replacing-mark-robinson-on-afl-360/SEN’s

SEN’s Garry Lyon has confirmed he’s considering joining Fox Sports’ AFL 360 as Mark Robinson’s replacement.
Lyon emerged as the frontrunner to replace Robinson alongside fellow SEN colleague Gerard Whateley.

Robinson was told he will not be continuing in the role from 2025 onwards.

Lyon – who already works for Fox’s On the Couch program on a Monday night – says he doesn’t think he could work on both shows on top of his commitments with SEN.

Responding to the reports on SEN Breakfast on Wednesday morning, Lyon confirmed that Fox has reached out to him to consider the move that would see Lyon work alongside Whateley on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

“It’s in negotiations at the moment,” Lyon said.

“I’m having a think about it, I don’t think you could do both (host On The Couch and AFL 360) and by the way I’ve loved On The Couch and until recent times that was going to be my lot for however long I was going to be at Fox.

“Now there’s a vacancy and I’ve been asked by Fox to consider it.

“I’m contemplating what life would look like if that presented itself.”

A decision from Lyon is yet to be made.

AFL 360 will return next season.

I must have been living under a rock but I did not realize Robbo was punted from 360.
Robbo was only present on what, half the shows this year? A little less, a little more?
Wondering if they sacked him cos at the end of the day he had quite a few other people doing his job...

Lyon is a shit choice for mine. He knows footy alright but overall he's boring and the show is probably going to feel like it's got co-hosts now, whereas the dynamic previously was Gerard hosting and Robbo along for the ride.

I think Dunstall would be the best pick, apparently K Cornes was Fox's first pick. Tbh Kaneo has really grown on me this year. He comes across as such a prick but honestly sometimes you just need a good heel.

Robbo was only present on what, half the shows this year? A little less, a little more?
Wondering if they sacked him cos at the end of the day he had quite a few other people doing his job...

Lyon is a shit choice for mine. He knows footy alright but overall he's boring and the show is probably going to feel like it's got co-hosts now, whereas the dynamic previously was Gerard hosting and Robbo along for the ride.

I think Dunstall would be the best pick, apparently K Cornes was Fox's first pick. Tbh Kaneo has really grown on me this year. He comes across as such a prick but honestly sometimes you just need a good heel.
I don't mind Kane because too much of the ex players partake in group think and/or stick up for mates too much.
He makes some shit calls for attention but he also makes some calls that none of the others dare to, like calling out the Swans and Geelong for trying to sweep the Mills and Stengle controversies under the rug.
Any other team gets raked over the coals for dealing with those to situations the way the Swans and Cats did but the media has built a narrative that they are the two best run clubs in the league so won't dare burst that bubble.

My theory on Robbos sacking is that he was fired because he can barely utter a coherent sentence. His speech centre has been impacted by blunt force trauma or years of alcohol abuse (I assume).

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back