Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

'Hawthorn has traded pick 14 for Carlton's future first and second round picks' - Cal Twomey

'Carlton is in talks to trade its F1 + F2 to Hawthorn for Pick 14. A deal that could have huge flow-on effects for Dan Houston, Tom Barrass and more.' - Riley Beveridge

'It's Carlton's F2 that is going to Hawthorn. Blues able to do it after getting another F2 from Brisbane. It's been accepted by the Hawks' - Riley Beveridge

Doing everthing they can to get Houston to Carlton

Nah. I never said he was perfect but how many election promises did he break? Infrastructure wise he's set up ambitious but needed upgrades to transport.

In ten years time his record will speak for itself.

Nah. I never said he was perfect but how many election promises did he break? Infrastructure wise he's set up ambitious but needed upgrades to transport.

Where?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. I never said he was perfect but how many election promises did he break?
You mean other than promises about the SEC and hosting the common wealth games (a key promise in his regional campaign)?
I mean that only cost us $2bn to back out of, so no biggie.
Infrastructure wise he's set up ambitious but needed upgrades to transport.
Yeah its great if you live in inner Melbourne except that's its overdue, projected to go $55bn over budget currently and wracked with controversy with the CFMEU?

Ambitious is one word for it.
Yep, we are in $50bn more debt than any other Australian state (130bn) in total. I have no doubt the effects of his time as premier will be accutely felt in 10 years, probably much longer.

You mean other than promises about the SEC and hosting the common wealth games (a key promise in his regional campaign)?

Yeah its great if you live in inner Melbourne except that's its overdue, projected to go $55bn over budget currently and wracked with controversy with the CFMEU?

Yep, we are in $50bn more debt than any other Australian state (130bn) in total. I have no doubt the effects of his time as premier will be accutely felt in 10 years, probably much longer.
SEC is advertising for a number of job vacancies atm. Crucial Infrastructure costs money and we had the lockdowns to save people’s lives

Yep, we are in $50bn more debt than any other Australian state (130bn) in total. That's only double what the city of Detroit was when they declared bankruptcy I suppose.

I have no doubt the effects of his time as premier will be accutely felt in 10 years, probably much longer.
Okay, you disagree with me. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that decision abandoned when Allen took over?

I think he was a very good premier. He had his flaws. Find me a Premier who's record is perfect?

SEC is advertising for a number of job vacancies atm. Crucial Infrastructure costs money and we had the lockdowns to save people’s lives
Purely out of interest.

If the covid outbreak had been localised to Mildura do you think Melbourne would've been locked down?

Okay, you disagree with me. Also, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that decision abandoned when Allen took over?

I think he was a very good premier. He had his flaws. Find me a Premier who's record is perfect?
Yes. She is going to get the blame.

Very clever by Dan to bail before it blew up.

Dan was pretty good. Not perfect and the people who still stan for him are ****ed in the head but the alternative was Matthew Guy and his merry band of culture warriors so it’s no surprise Dan was able to romp it in

Regional infrastructure still sucks but there’s nothing to be gained electorally for either party because folk out here vote Nats regardless so why would anyone spend money here that could go to pork barrelling some marginal seats

So....they broke the promise?
'No one is perfect' is a cop out.

We should expect more from our politicians than that, and I don't know when we just accepted the medium and long term economic future of us and our kids being thrown to the wall cause a guy had 'flaws'.

Purely out of interest.

If the covid outbreak had been localised to Mildura do you think Melbourne would've been locked down?

Well if a deadly worldwide pandemic broke out in Midura there would’ve have been army trucks helping move corpses like in Bergamo Italy and other places that were hit first. We may also have lost over 300 medical staff like they did. So yes eventually Melb would’ve been locked down as well

'Hawthorn has traded pick 14 for Carlton's future first and second round picks' - Cal Twomey

'Carlton is in talks to trade its F1 + F2 to Hawthorn for Pick 14. A deal that could have huge flow-on effects for Dan Houston, Tom Barrass and more.' - Riley Beveridge

'It's Carlton's F2 that is going to Hawthorn. Blues able to do it after getting another F2 from Brisbane. It's been accepted by the Hawks' - Riley Beveridge

Doing everthing they can to get Houston to Carlton
It's weird because Hawthorne where expected to use #14 for Barass and then WCE use that pick for Baker.

So maybe Baker and Shai to heave-ho?

Well if a deadly worldwide pandemic broke out in Midura there would’ve have been army trucks helping move corpses like in Bergamo Italy and other places that were hit first. We may also have lost over 300 medical staff like they did. So yes eventually Melb would’ve been locked down as well
I didn't mention anything about it breaking out here first or it being anything like Italy's.

If covid had happened exactly the same in Vic but in Mildura instead of Melbourne would Melbourne have been shut-down? If say there were 300 cases in Mildura, and 0 in Melbourne?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back