Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't figure out if Stevo is now taking the pass with mick or whether he is actually that stupid?
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt... Master troll because holy crap it cracks me up
Surely looking for a reaction?

Stevo Is a dick, but still 100 times better than talking about McDevitt.. Saw Caro at the game tonight, sitting in the nose bleeds..... Jeepers she is ugly...must be a heavy smoker

Feel for Daisy shit luck.
giphy.gif

This has been a great couple of days.

First, we got off, and more than a few Carlton fans had to damn near be put on suicide watch. Was friggin hilarious.

Then, Richmond spanks them, and they realise how utterly shit they'll be this year!

Jack got with his post in the first quarter - Two ordinary teams.

Carlton's midfield is virtually non-existent - This is their biggest weakness by far.

Not sure about 2 ordinary teams. The Tigers may not be top 4 stuff but their run and spread when they get the ball is as good
as anyone. Their main issue is still disposal and trying to be too cute with the ball at times but if they play like they did at the
end of last season and last night they are in the finals picture.
Have mentioned how good their outside run has been before. Hardwicke cocked up early last season by trying to make them play like the Hawks
and when they went back to win the ball and spread they looked really good again.

Carlton on the other hand.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton are as slow as treacle. Reminds me of us in mid 2000. In the next 11 games they have only 2 winnable in Saints and Pies. I reckon they'll be 1-11.

Richmond are not much chop imo. Won't make the 8.
Reckon you're missing a 's' on the end there. ;)

Going through the Carlton team, when you look at the smalls it's no surprise they're shit. For the most part, the ones that can kick are fairly soft and the reverse for the ones that are tough.

Yarran, Murphy, Docherty and Menzel fit into the first category
Bell, Smith, Curnow, Carrazzo, Everitt, Cripps and White fit into the second category
Judd, Gibbs, Tuohy and Simpson are the only ones that are tough and can kick.

When comparing that to Richmond:

Hunt, Ellis, Miles, McIntosh, Edwards, Vlaustin, Deledio, Cotchin and Martin are all capable of getting a hard ball and all have pretty good kicks.

But yes. Murphy- how is he captain? He was rubbish last night.

i had him as a better player than Pendlebury a few years ago but he just keeps on going backwards.

Carlton's decline is can be traced back to guys like Murphy and Gibbs. Ok footballers but guys that are not your top 3 mids. They have little impact on the result and cannot influence others around them.

Compare them to Watson, Heppel, Selwood, Ablett, Pendlebury, Wines, Mitchel, etc, etc. No

I don't actually mind Murphy as captain. I think he's taken a few knocks in his career that have shaken him up and made him second guess himself in regards to his intent at the contest, but he's undoubtedly got quality about him. I hope for his sake that he's able to get over a few of those psychological barriers because that ferociousness at the ball is the one thing that's really letting himself and the side down at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back