Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread XI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barracked for the Blues. I don't know what to do with myself, I feel dirty.

Should have been but i just could not do it so I changed the channel and stopped watching :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make of this what you will.

I plotted out all of the games so far showing who has beaten who, then ordered them so, insofar as is possible, teams with the most wins against the hardest oppositions are ranked higher. The numbers are the round in which the game was played, positive or negative is whether they've won or lost. Black squares are because a team can't play against themselves. Red ones below the diagonal line, and green ones above (above is the inverse of below) could be considered 'upsets'. The ones with the yellow triangle in the corner are teams that have played each other twice already, if the square is grey then each team has won once out of the two encounters against the other. In those cases the number in the box is the round in which the most recent game was played. Current games played, premiership points and percentage are on the left (with one game still to play for round 12), greyed out teams are currently top 8.

Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 10.57.01 am.png

How is JOM going?

Is he on ice for the rest of the season? And what is the reason behind him missing so many games? Is it a flare up of his old knee injury or a new injury?

From what Clarkson is saying, it's a little from column A and a little from column B. Ligament itself isn't so much causing issues as the damage done to the joint over time. Now any time he puts his knee under a heavy load he's recovering very poorly from it.

"it's still good, it's still good!"

How is JOM going?

Is he on ice for the rest of the season? And what is the reason behind him missing so many games? Is it a flare up of his old knee injury or a new injury?
IT IS NOT RELATED TO HIS PREVIOUS KNEE INJURIES DON'T EVEN THINK OF SUGGESTING OTHERWISE
4Dv1qTy.jpg

Does this mean we're shit, couldn't even beat GWS, or Carlton are good by beating us and GWS?

So confusing

Carlton always give GWS because their midfield is built to smash, by foot they're terrible and ther bookends aren't there yet but they just seem to bully the giants every time they play them even if they don't win

From what Clarkson is saying, it's a little from column A and a little from column B. Ligament itself isn't so much causing issues as the damage done to the joint over time. Now any time he puts his knee under a heavy load he's recovering very poorly from it.

"it's still good, it's still good!"

Just going to quote myself here from September last year because I can.

RE: Jaeger O'Meara - If Hawthorn want to offer two first round picks or something similar for him, they can have him. I won't be upset.
O'Meara is a huge risk. It's been brought up before but perhaps we need a refresher.

- He started off with what appears to be a degenerative tendinopathy of his patella tendon. This could be due to inappropriate loading of his tendon during an early age. This in and of itself can be career ending/limiting.
- In an attempt to treat this he underwent invasive surgery to "shave" his tendon.
- Following this he suffered a complete rupture of his patella tendon playing football when an opposition player attempted to smother his kick (reportedly - I didn't see this?). I should also mention that it has been found that patella tendons as a rule only rupture if there is a pre-existing pathology within the tendon. It is very rare for a young person and more often occurs over the age of 65.
- Since then he has had ongoing pain in his knee and more surgeries (?arthroscopic clean outs - I haven't seen the details) indicating further damage to his knee joint, possible cartilage damage and possible tendon dysrepair.
- In attempting to return to AFL he has been unable to play more than a half of NEAFL footy without his knee flaring up.

I would be surprised if he passed any "medical".
Because of the above I feel it is very unlikely that he will continue his previous career progression towards becoming a top 5 mid in the competition.
It is likely that he will at some stage return to football and be able to run out a game but that is far from guaranteed.
If he is able to return he would likely be hampered by ongoing tendinopathy (and other issues with his joint being compromised). This would likely reduce his pace, agility, power, penetration of kicking through the affected leg etc resulting in a decrease in performance. The scale of this decrease is impossible to say as it widely varies.

In taking the above into account I would be uncomfortable with offering anything more than say pick 26 from a Hibberd trade.

Obviously all of this could look extremely stupid if he comes back and his injuries barely influence his play, and there is a chance of that, but not a chance I would be willing to pay a top 20 pick for.

I would be very happy to have O'Meara at Essendon. Just not for the asking price.
PSD may be unrealistic but if Hawthorn drop out of the race after getting Titchell I would be happy to throw a large amount of cash at him to lure him into the PSD. Given the likely upcoming increase in total player payments I hope we would be well placed to be able to take the monetary risk but I feel like the draft picks are more valuable.
So yes not at all surprised with how he is going currently and how he looked at the start of the year when he was actually playing football.
Unlikely to be ever as good as he was.
Lol Hawthorne.

Does this mean we're shit, couldn't even beat GWS, or Carlton are good by beating us and GWS?

So confusing
It means equalization. Anybody can beat anybody on any given day. This is what the AFL wanted and this is what they're getting.

......although they no doubt wanted GWS to beat Carlton, and anybody on Grand Final day in the next 2 or 3 years or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back