Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If West Coast didn’t have Harley Reid would I have ever seen a list with less upside? Not sure I have tbh in 25+ years of following footy.

There’s a slight chance Ginbey and Hewitt become A Graders but most A Graders show more in year two than they have. Hough might be the sort you don’t notice and that’s a good thing but doesn’t look much more than a role player to me.

Their other youngsters won’t be on their list in 4-5 years unless they barely improve from where they are now.

It seriously is a mess - May as well lock them in for at least three more bottom three finishes now.
I think the following are AFL players
Reid
Ginbey
Hewitt
Hough
Williams
Long

Only Reid is guaranteed A-grade and I actually like Trew as well so have no idea why he had his papers marked. Unless I've missed someone that is a lot of players to find still....

Reid
Ginbey
Hewitt
Hough
Williams
Long

Only Reid is guaranteed A-grade and I actually like Trew as well so have no idea why he had his papers marked. Unless I've missed someone that is a lot of players to find still....
I only know 1 player there, golden boy.

Just shows how much attention I pay them these days!

Reid
Ginbey
Hewitt
Hough
Williams
Long

I still wonder what happens if North don't win late last year to miss Reid.

Mckercher is building nicely off injury to be fair, but you take Reid out and that future midfield is threadbare.

If West Coast didn’t have Harley Reid would I have ever seen a list with less upside? Not sure I have tbh in 25+ years of following footy.

There’s a slight chance Ginbey and Hewitt become A Graders but most A Graders show more in year two than they have. Hough might be the sort you don’t notice and that’s a good thing but doesn’t look much more than a role player to me.

Their other youngsters won’t be on their list in 4-5 years unless they barely improve from where they are now.

It seriously is a mess - May as well lock them in for at least three more bottom three finishes now.

I think Melbourne under Neeld when they were getting tonked by 100 every week gives this Eagles team a good run for their money.

We all know what the issues were with Jesse when at home.
We really do need to let it ho. He was, he isn't.
He is at peace with jim self in Dydney
He can get away with anything, anything at all. And not one media nor public person would know who he is most of the time in Sydney.

Would love to be an AFL player in Sydney. The public don’t even know Buddy Franklin.

Compared to WA. It’s fish bowl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s a type of polarising player that has the potential to bring division among playing group. I don’t know whether he did that Collingwood or not, just strikes me as that kind.
Might be something in this. But it's likely to be less of a factor in a young side with a strong coach, which is Hawthorn.

Pendlebury’s arm to Ginnivan’s throat didn’t look good.

The kid must be as tough as nails because he jumped back up.

Safe to say there’s no love lost between Pies players and Ginnivan.

This is so good. We should trade in other clubs 1st rounders every year.

200.gif

Why about the ones worn in rugby and by some players now with a history of concussions?
Looked into this for a research project; there’s no evidence at all that the soft helmet does anything but prevent head cuts (got head stomped wearing one at rugby once and found it weird and curious rather than painful… nice soft field!!).

Actually, the limited evidence suggests players wearing a helmet feel safer and so put their head into more dangerous spots, so actually have increased concussion risk. I wouldn’t have worn one playing rugby in retrospect, but quit before doing my research!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back