Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 30 62.5%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 16 33.3%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The eagles seem obsessed with only having an ex-eagles player as their coach. Very strange. I know we went after Longmuir but if he wasn't available I don't think we would have only exclusively looked at ex-freo players

IIRC it came down to Longmuir and one of the Rawlings brothers (I can't remember which).

The thing with JLo that people seem to forget is that he was one of/if not the most highly regarded assistants in the league and thought of to be very ready to take the next step. It isn't like we just went with an ex-Freo player for shits and giggles.

IIRC it came down to Longmuir and one of the Rawlings brothers (I can't remember which).

The thing with JLo that people seem to forget is that he was one of/if not the most highly regarded assistants in the league and thought of to be very ready to take the next step. It isn't like we just went with an ex-Freo player for shits and giggles.
Goes to Collingwood - They contest for a flag after he puts in the defensive structures and is a smoother edge to Bucks
Leaves Collingwood - The bottom falls out.

May just be coincidence.

Which makes the eagles approach even more bizarre. They're literally just approaching every single ex-eagle in assistant (and even administrative) roles. If they don't start looking at the best available assistants regardless of club they're just going to appoint Schofield and continue with the exact same system they've had for the last 3 years.

Which would be hilarious of course, but strange

No one in their right mind wants to coach WC now, so they'll just take what they can get this time around.

What's incredibly funny about the shambles that WC is, is that people think Don Pyke having high IQ that makes him smart. What it really means is that he's a muppet who nobody can understand. The Crows still haven't got rid of his stink.

Long live Don Pyke.

Oh snap! The West didn't paywall this spray. Everyone gets to enjoy it.

Fair to say Eade is out of the coaching race for West Coast. Pity - would’ve been hilarious.

He did an ok job at GC, but what's he been doing since?

I really can’t see a club hiring a coach who’s been outside the system completely for many years (someone correct me if that isn’t the case).

I think Ross Lyon was out for two and he’d be just about the only one. A fair few have taken one year off only.

It was always why I was confident we’d never be stupid enough to hire Peter Sumich tbh. Really was surprised he got as far into our process as he did.

Last edited:

Love it 👍
Good article , thanks for sharing

Tell it how it is Rodney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you imagine the coaches box with Rocket coaching the Eagles?

Interesting.

One of the comments is interesting. 'Shouldn't this be the new coaches decision?'
Not a bad point.
Also now the season is over, has Schofield been demoted back to assistant coach level? And now the board is deciding who should be the other assistant coaches and then finally they select a head coach? It's weird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back