Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Would You Rather

• Make Finals, intermittently. Maybe have a shot once in 10 years. (Freo)

Votes: 31 60.8%
  • Be Port of the last 12 years. Constant finals, never make a Grand Final

Votes: 18 35.3%
  • Just be Essendon.

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh. My. Gawd. This is just so gorgeous, Essenscum are finally getting the social media attention of a quality they truly deserve...

Awkward Oh Jeez GIF

Why in the name of Harley Reid would any club want that pea hearted tug boat .Darling is slower than a wet week and as smart as a brick. Although I suppose he has developed and perfected the fying free kick flop
North aren't known for making the best decisions list wise. It's why they are where they are atm.

If they want a depth KPF, they can have Tabs for a 4th round pick, won’t cost them $600k per year either.
This one is going to go to the wire. North have shown interest in Darling. They then haggle all the way to the deadline and pull out at the last minute so WC have to pay Darling 800k next year. 😂

How's the Lions putting out a club article complaining about Andrews not being picked for AA haha. Who are the media managers at these clubs
Could not believe what I was reading.

I’m now nervous that Carlton might beat them, if that’s their attitude.

Imagine Carlton get all their players fit and win the flag after sneaking into the finals because we couldn’t beat port?!

Why in the name of Harley Reid would any club want that pea hearted tug boat .Darling is slower than a wet week and as smart as a brick. Although I suppose he has developed and perfected the fying free kick flop
Has he learnt how to turn off the lights yet!!Sleeps with them on I reckon.;);)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they want a depth KPF, they can have Tabs for a 4th round pick, won’t cost them $600k per year either.
I actually don't think there was/is a lot between Tabs and Darling (Darling has better awareness of where he should be I guess). Tabs can't move now, so Darling is probably better currently, but I reckon you pair him with JJK for his career, and they'd post similar numbers. Tabs is still a much better mark.

On SM-G988U1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hate Darling as much as the rest of us, but he was a GUN when he was at his prime. Had the odd brain-fade where he would forget how to take a mark/shirk a contest or two but he's played almost 300 games and kicked over 500 goals. Taberner wasn't even close to his peak, there is a reason Darling was viewed as one of the best young key forwards in the draft and would have gone top 10 if not for that dumb rumour.

I hate Darling as much as the rest of us, but he was a GUN when he was at his prime. Had the odd brain-fade where he would forget how to take a mark/shirk a contest or two but he's played almost 300 games and kicked over 500 goals. Taberner wasn't even close to his peak, there is a reason Darling was viewed as one of the best young key forwards in the draft and would have gone top 10 if not for that dumb rumour.
Not sure it was a rumour. All clubs would have done their due diligence and not made decisions on him if there wasn’t at least some truth to the ‘rumour’.
But that’s not the point of your post. I agree, at his best he was a very good player. I’m not sure he would have been as good had he not had Kennedy playing first fiddle for him, but the fact is he did and he has kicked >500 goals, which makes him a pretty decent player. If not for his playing for frees with his snap-back head and that dropped mark, he’d be considered close to elite. (I can’t stand the guy one iota, he is thourougly dislikable, that’s why I rate him as less than!). I’d love to see him play out his career at a club that gets walloped every week… oh wait… 😂

But to suggest Tabs is as good as him is laughable. 😏

Not sure it was a rumour. All clubs would have done their due diligence and not made decisions on him if there wasn’t at least some truth to the ‘rumour’.
But that’s not the point of your post. I agree, at his best he was a very good player. I’m not sure he would have been as good had he not had Kennedy playing first fiddle for him, but the fact is he did and he has kicked >500 goals, which makes him a pretty decent player. If not for his playing for frees with his snap-back head and that dropped mark, he’d be considered close to elite. (I can’t stand the guy one iota, he is thourougly dislikable, that’s why I rate him as less than!). I’d love to see him play out his career at a club that gets walloped every week… oh wait… 😂

But to suggest Tabs is as good as him is laughable. 😏

Hahah it's nice knowing he's either going to spend the last year of his career at a bottom of the ladder West Coast or a bottom of the ladder North. That does feel fitting.

This Dean Cox stalking has gone past funny to downright pathetic now.

Apparently Duffield has written an article for Code Sports saying there are 6 applicants for the WCE coaching job. Heard this from Quarterbrain on the radio this evening.

Schofield, McQualter, Montgomery. Someone called Danny Daly currently GM at Brisbane but with past coaching experience. Brendon Lade and Steven King.

Last edited:
Apparently Duffield has written an article for Code Sports saying there are 6 applicants for the WCE coaching job. Heard this from Quarterbrain on the radio this evening.

Can't remember all the names. Schofield, McQualter, Montgomery. Someone called Danny Daly currently GM at Brisbane but with past coaching experience. Brendon Lade and someone else.

Jarrad Schofield
Andrew McQualter (Melbourne)
Brendon Lade (Western Bulldogs)
Danny Daly (Brisbane Football Boss)
Brett Montgomery (GWS)
Steven King (Geelong)
Some underqualified mentions;
Selwood, Hickmott, Enright, and Skipworth

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Back