Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Well our best is clearly enough to beat anyone. Whether or not we bring our best is another question
To be fair, you fail to bring your best against anyone and you're a good chance to lose. My point is exclusive best vs best.

The Swans and Pies beat us under the same metric. Possibly Carlton too. Everyone else and I am backing us.

Meek absolutely smashed both the WC rucks, pretty sure Darcy will give our mids much better service and take away the hawks biggest strength which is their clearance work.

Meek is currently ranked at 8th on total impact for games in ruckmen, he's really seizing his opportunity.

For comparison, if people are interested, Luke Jackson is ranked 7th and Sean Darcy is ranked 4th.

WC aren't coming out of this quagmire before the Tassie compromised draft and there's little chance of them rebuilding for years after that. I for one look forward to them sucking shit for a decade.
They've got just enough time if they nail the drafts. They don't have much room for error though and can't afford to lose Mr Back Page.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've got just enough time if they nail the drafts. They don't have much room for error though and can't afford to lose Mr Back Page.
Bound to make mistakes. Not every team nails the top 10 draft picks.
Iā€™d be trading Barrass for picks.
One of the reasons why West Coast has been competitive is McGovern and Barass. Two 26-32 year olds.
No one is coming through that can replace them

Bound to make mistakes. Not every team nails the top 10 draft picks.
Iā€™d be trading Barrass for picks.
One of the reasons why West Coast has been competitive is McGovern and Barass. Two 26-32 year olds.
No one is coming through that can replace them
Barrass is actually 29 this year and probably the only player with any value an actual chance to leave. There is risk if Gov drops off quicker than expected.

I'd still trade him if they can get something near 10.

I come in peace here - just wanted to say I can't wait to play you guys this year, I have a feeling these 6 blokes are all going to be in the best of the best over the next 8-10 years and that the next game will be the first of many great contests.

1719800885103.png

Serong, Young & Day a class above the other 3 imo

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think Newc belongs in that discussion too, though Serong I think clearly the best of the lot this year. Insanely good instincts as a centre clearance player. Along with Daicos in a class of their own at the moment.

I think Newc belongs in that discussion too, though Serong I think clearly the best of the lot this year. Insanely good instincts as a centre clearance player. Along with Daicos in a class of their own at the moment.
It's game over when we get Warner in there though =p

It's game over when we get Warner in there though =p
All I'm hoping is that you'll have some weird compatibility issues because those guys + Warner is borderline unfair on the rest of the league, especially given that he's also only 23.

With respect, Lord Meek couldnā€™t get a game with us. Extremely popular player, and most people were happy he got a full time gig. Excellent team man obvs.
Our rucks should give us ascendancy in the stoppage game, but your stoppage work was elite yesterday
Yeah, loved how even the social media team picked up on this at the time.

Everyone else was a traitor, Meek was sad to see go.

Yeah, loved how even the social media team picked up on this at the time.

Everyone else was a traitor, Meek was sad to see go.
Always liked Meeky. No one in their right mind could possibly begrudge him leaving for opportunity to play. Itā€™s one of the rare occasions where I cheer for a former player and hope he makes it. The traitors can GAGF

Always liked Meeky. No one in their right mind could possibly begrudge him leaving for opportunity to play. Itā€™s one of the rare occasions where I cheer for a former player and hope he makes it. The traitors can GAGF
I donā€™t know one Docker fan who doesnā€™t feel the same way about Lloyd.

A great guy and itā€™s good to see him doing so well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back